Chapter 2 | Autumn

Autumn Pov

My paws pounded against the grass, a soft flake of dew and forgotten leaves followed my trail.

With wind running through my fur and my tail flapping in the breeze I had never felt more alive yet so dead at the same time.

Genesis...

The human trapped inside me weeped for hours without delay, screaming of her losses and the horrible things that happened in her life. She lay in a crumbled heap at the back of our mind, her long hair covered her body to make sure her decency was not exposed.

The space that we occupied in her mind allowed us to co-exist without issues.

But every once in a while depending on which side experiences the said 'event' will usually exclude themselves to the back of the space and heal themselves. Leaving the command to whoever is unaffected or least affected by whatever the 'event' may be.

In our situation Genesis was the most deeply effected.

I've tried to comfort her and assist her, but she just doesn't try at all.

She has allowed me complete control and escaped to the back of our mind to 'recollect' herself, but she has been in there for almost five months; if she stays back their any longer she may loose herself to her own self pity and hate, never returning to control.

So all I can do is hope and this point that one day she gives it another shot.

But as I stay in control I run and attack anything I see, it's the only thing that makes Genesis react in any way. She watches me and looks out, leaning forward to take control from me. I lean towards her and offer her control, a whine and a lifted paw as a silent question to ask her take control again, for us. She never takes the offer and closes herself away from control even further.

So I continue to murder.

Nothing else gained a reaction so just maybe, with enough death.

Genesis can come back.

My thoughts were ripped away from me as a loud growl echoed, tress and brush were the only things that surrounded me, with the damp earth absorbing my paws. A pale sky was lit above me illuminating the soft browns of my fur.

I scanned the woodlands around me, tapping into my senses to be able to know if anyone was nearby.

A cruel and menacing bark echoed from behind a rose bush and before I knew it I was on the ground with my shoulders pinned deep into the earth, I growled viciously towards the mindless rogue on top of me and he did the same.

I threw him off of me using my hind legs to propel him away from me going straight into his gut. The wolf was lurched away and I bounded to my feet and charged after him, a blood curdling growl released from my throat.

He stood back to his feet brown fur covered in mud and leaves with red gleaming eyes staring at me.

Before he saw it coming I had thrown my entire weight at the wolf my paws imbedded in his shoulders and claws extended to grip onto him. He barked at my attack and stumbled back eventually falling into his back.

I pushed my teeth into his throats and ripped out instantly making him choke on his own blood and die from mere shock, his body slowly shifting back to becoming a man.

I didn't bother looking at the dead werewolf's appearance, I growled behind me and flicked some dirt onto his corpse. Pushing my huge wolf body into the dirt and mud to wash off the blood his wolf had projected onto me after I ripped his jugular out.