10

Alia's POV

The bell rings for lunch. I shove my books into my bag, immediately heading for the cafeteria when-yeah, you guessed it-Ajax comes into view.

I sigh when Ajax stops in front of me, his large frame blocking my sight. His lips curl into a sneer as he looks me over.

I brace myself for a punch or at least a snappy insult, but what comes next catches me off guard.

"Wanna go to Narnia?" Ajax asks, his sneer intensifying.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Narnia," he repeats, grabbing my arm.

"Hey!"

Ajax ignores me, dragging me down the corridor.

"Let me go!" I say, struggling against his vice-like grip. "You're hurting me!"

Ajax stops in his tracks, turning to me with a look of pure fury on his face. "Do I look like I. Fucking. Care?"

I flinch at the venom in his voice, still trying in vain to uncurl his fingers digging into my arm. "What are you doing?"

I gasp as we turn another corner and realization dawns on me. "Let go of me! Let go!" I yell. I try to pull away from him, but Ajax's grip around my arm only tightens.

"I said let go!"

I twist his wrist with my arm, but not before he shoves me into the janitor's closet.

The lock clicks into place.

"Hey, let me out!"

I sit in stunned silence for an entire minute. Wow, I'm locked in the janitor's closet. Classic.

                               ⭐️⭐️⭐️

It's been three hours.

Three, entire freaking hours in the janitor's closet.

Awesome.

But I'm telling you, being stuck for three hours in a janitor's closet without a bathroom is not an ideal place to spend skipping lessons.

I've given up hammering on the closet door and screaming my throat raw. No one's gonna hear me anyway. The janitor's closet is in a separate corridor from the classrooms and lockers. No one but the janitor ever comes into this section of the school. And the janitor bails out on his job most of the time.

Sighing, I grab a broom, trying to bust the lock without any hope of actually busting it.

I am considering trying to find a back door that leads to Narnia. Seriously.

I don't understand at all. I know Ajax doesn't have the best family background, but does he have to do this to feel better about himself? Doesn't he know it's pathetic to bully people just because he always feels like he's the victim?

Of course he doesn't. Or I wouldn't be in this stupid situation right now.

Sighing, I sit back, placing the broom back in its place.

I feel like laughing. Laughing at how stupid this predicament is. I'm locked in a janitor's closet, how more stupid can my life get? And honestly, can't Ajax be a bit more original? I mean, the janitor's closet?

I start laughing out loud, shaking my head at the stupidity of all this, feeling like a maniac when footsteps are heard from outside. I immediately sit to attention, almost screaming in relief when the lock clicks and the door swings open.

The janitor stares down at me, dumbfounded. "What're you doing in here?" he asks, looking into the closet for my supposed make out partner.

"You don't have to worry about that. Thanks for letting me out!" I call, running to the bathroom. I've never been more grateful about the janitor not bailing out on his job for once.

************************************

Eh, I just wanted to get this out real quick. Oh, but things are gonna get biiiiiiiiiiiig.

:)

-thcjasmine