Chapter 6

To have someone recommend your book to others could feel ecstatic,is one of those first hand experiences, here on Wattpad, I've lived. Thank you a ton x_Mill_x for recommending the book. It means a lot to author that her work is decent enough for you to think, it should be recommended.
Love ya.

___

"Grandpa took me to a remote, disputed village there. It was under control of one of my uncles and he alleged that while distributing properties, he was given land with forest abundance. Since it was a reserved area, the government had restricted construction works there. These men belong to the tribes living there." Ranvijay recalled, tucking his hands in his pockets and inhaled a deep breath, "I remember him telling me that these people are very hardworking but they aren't mentally agile. My uncle never cared for them and wanted to negotiate. Being the head of the family, grandpa reimbursed him for the land and involved the families in farming."

"Three years back, we heard that the government planned to conduct a survey on forest areas to conduct some tribal developmental program. Grandpa thought we should bring attention to high officials to these tribes. But, they had migrated. We conducted search and investigated from the residing people but nothing suspicious caught our eyes and we had to stop. Now, I know where they went."

"How will you prove this theory?" Veer asked after a moment of silence. "No one will believe you. These men can't speak," he waved a hand in the direction of the room, "And, Randheer thinks it is Sumer Singh. How will you prove it is Raghvendra without evidence?"

"Who said I've to prove it!?" Ranvijay quizzed, shrugging his shoulders and Veer stared at him. Ranvijay cracked a smile. "I just needed to know about it."

"What's going on in your head, big brother?"

Ranvijay grinned a little more cryptically, leading their way. "You will know. For now, pay attention to these men. We need to work hard on them. Building trust won't be easy. Get their blood tests done. Detox them. I'm sure they are high. And, train them." He instructed on his way out and Veer was puzzled. "But why? I accept they are mercenaries but they are dangerous."

"Which is their USP." Ranvijay smirked, "They have high endurance. They are good runners. And, since they've injured two of our guards, I'm sure they know some sort of art. We just need to train them to develop them into someone useful." Ranvijay shared his vision.

Veer was still opposing. "I still don't see a point of it."

"It has a point." Ranvijay contradicted, standing in an authoritative stance. "They are my people. I take their responsibility. I can't leave them to die."

Veer stared at his impressive personality and hugged him, patting his back. "Granny is right. You'll make a great king." He pulled back and raised his eyebrows. "So, when are you meeting your lovely cousin?"

Ranvijay snickered at Veer's sarcastic tone. "Just tonight. I've to attend the 'dinner' at Maangarh."

The whole dinner tableau was suffocating and impersonal custom for Ranvijay. And, he tolerated that because he couldn’t deny his responsibilities towards Maharaja Lakshyadeep, his grandfather, and Randheer and his people in Maangarh. The princely state had an order of three hundred villages and the administration was taking place as per governments’ rules, no one could deny the influence and impression of royalty. Especially, when people believe so much in them, when they seek the royal family before they even think to go to the police. How could he not go and ask after their needs?