Chapter 7

Ved stood with his face bent to a side in shock. He had expected her anger but this was unbelievable. He met her eyes and she was flaring her nostrils, "How dare you come here?" 

"Matsyaa…"

"Don't take my name from your filthy mouth. Gone were the days when I'd believe you. You were my cousin." She clenched his collars and barked, "How could you do this to me? I thought you loved me."

"I do." He emphasized and she jerked him away, shaking her head. "Liar. All of you are liars." She looked disgustingly at him, stepping back. "I can't believe we're a family. You used Ranvijay to get back at me? I thought he was the one behind my sufferings but you very cleverly used his name. Wow!" 

"Listen to me, Matsyaa." Ved tried again and she pressed her palms on her ears. "I don't want to hear a word. Get lost. Never show me your face again."

"No!" He shouted, parading to her and shook her by holding her shoulders. "You know what? You'll have to hear from me first. I accept I was wrong." 

"Yes. You were and you're still wrong if you think you can shove some incredulous reasons at my face and get forgiveness. It won't happen." She jerked his hands away. "You're still standing here? This is my dad's property. Get the fuck out of here right now."

"I was trying to save you, Matsyaa. Someone was sniffing out your information and planning to leak them to the media. I got the clip from a person that was mailed to your father. It had a copy of your filed complaint and footage. Ask Uncle." He waved a hand to Anup. "Didn't I show it to you?" 

Anup tried to recollect and nodded with a frown on his forehead. "Was it the clip in the packet?" 

"Yes. That's what I was going to show you before so many things happened. I even told dad about it. He asked me to keep mum." Ved sighed, bowing head in shame. "Now I understand why he did so. He had different plans." He tried to scoff but pain was evident in his tone. He implored Matsyaa, "I thought if I aired the news about tankers, the focus would shift on the company and not on you. It was the only objective. I know you won't believe me after whatever dad has done but I can never think of doing anything bad to you and Arush." 

Matsyaa realized Arush was also present there, silently watching them. Ved slanted his remorseful eyes to him, "Matsyaa doesn't trust me because she never lived with us but you? Really? You thought I would torch the factory to bring you down!? You're my youngest brother, Arush. I love you more than I ever loved Prem. I didn't expect this from you."

"Let's say we're surprising each other, Bhai." Arush said, hotly and crossed his arms over his chest. "If Bade papa can…"

"Enough!" Anup hissed, silencing them and glared at the kids. "We've a function in four days. Now is not the time to argue. You both can do it after my daughter is engaged. Now shut up."

"You can't force her, uncle." Ved growled, "That bastard doesn't deserve my sister." 

"Raghvendra does?" Anup bristled, "Your father was going to ruin my daughter's life." 

"You are doing the same." Ved snapped and Anup took an intimidating step to him, only to be stopped by Gauri. "Ved, we need to go to the airport to receive some of the guests. I'm really stuck here. Anup is busy too. Can you do this for me?"

Ved huffed and nodded, "Okay. But this isn't finished here." He passed a look to Matsyaa and went away. She stared at his back and glanced at Arush who shook his head to not trust Ved and she nodded. There wasn't much time left for them. She'd really not want to get herself involved in these kinds of problems. This family could solve its matters within and no one needed her support anyway.