Chapter 9

Bhushan opened the car door for Ranvijay. Once he sat inside, Bhushan slid on the passenger seat and indicated to the chauffeur to move. He began to summarize the events to Ranvijay who had just returned from Germany after attending the conference. "The client visited the land a day before. He liked it and was willing to buy it soon. I've been just waiting for your permission to call the attorney to sketch the contract." 

"Okay! Make it prepared soon. We shouldn't waste more time. The land is actually labour oriented. We need to sell it to the contractor." Ranvijay replied, working his fingers on the laptop and pushed off his suit jacket beside him. "Anything else?"

Bhushan hesitated and cleared his throat, "Kabeer informed that Prince Randheer was attacked by some robbers." Ranvijay's fingers paused and he slanted his gaze at Bhushan, "Where?" 

"Singrauli. But, nothing serious about that. It was purely an accident. Prince tackled it already and even someone helped him." 

"Who?" 

"Princess Jigyaasa!"

"Jigyaasa!" Ranvijay muttered in confusion and frowned. "What was she doing there?" 

"We don't know, Hukum." 

Ranvijay sighed, nodding. "Okay. I hope everything's fine. If Raghvendra is not involved, that's a relief. What about the other things?" 

"On it, Hukum. The girl who met us in the University is not an ordinary student. Her name is Matsyaa Rathore. She is the only daughter of Anup Rathore—the chairman of Rathore Industries." Upon Matsyaa's mention, all the other thoughts flew away from his mind and he concentrated on what Bhushan was telling him. "They lived in England and have recently shifted into India after the death of her uncle Ashish Rathore." 

"What about her life in England? Friends?" Ranvijay kept his words curt but Bhushan got the drift that he wanted to know about her love interest. "She is a final year student of paleontology. And, in her friends, none particularly caught my eyes. Miss Rathore seems to be a very private person." 

Ranvijay nodded, turning his head to look outside through the tinted windows, the night sky was silent and clear with stars twinkling. He couldn't keep Matsyaa off his head since he'd seen her. She was always revolving in his mind; making her presence during his busy hours. Attending the two days conference was a tough task for him when her glares, her lips and her drenched form kept him hanging. 

He just wanted to see her again. How? He had no idea. 

His eyes struck out on the canopy of trees progressing with each mile as he entered his territory and the car followed the rectangular path before stopping in front of his Haveli gates. It was his private life, packed with security and protocols. He longed for the sparkle, romping and carefree laughs but living a life that restricted him from exhibiting his emotions only made him stone. 

Not everyone gets the freedom of tasting the sweetest form of life I guess. He huffed, stepping out of the car and padded inside his domain. His guards nodded at him, following him in and his servants rushed to attend him. He handed his suit jacket to one and his office bag to another before working to tug his tie loose. He sat on the couch and rubbed his face exhaustively. "Ask Rao ma to prepare dinner and send it to my room." 

The servant immediately complied with his demand. Bhushan stood there for a moment, waiting to receive any order but when nothing came, he took his leave after bidding night and Ranvijay sprawled on the couch, closing his eyes. He was extremely tired to think anything but Matsyaa wasn't leaving him alone. Her face popped up whenever he closed his eyes.

He opened his eyes with a snap and sat up, bracing his palms beside him. An idea formed into his mind. So what if he couldn't meet her? He was going to talk to her. He rose to his full length and padded to his suite. He peeled off his shirt and stripped to nothing when he stepped in the shower.