10

DRAG ME DOWN

DRAG ME DOWN

I was alone in bed when I woke up the next morning. The curtains were opened and the morning sun was shining in on me. Staring ahead at the night stand in front of me, I spotted a Post-it note on my open and blank laptop screen.

I sat up and read it, finding it to be a note from Tripp.

        Wanted to let you stay and sleep in. Order room service, watch TV, relax, you're in the clouds.

                -Tripp

        It was cute how he'd alluded to how high up we were in his suite. Being on the top floor I supposed we were practically in the clouds.

        The day had barely started. It was only nine a.m., making me wonder when Tripp had left for Law & Order.

        Gathering my laptop, I got out of Tripp's bed. It was time for a shower, so I crossed out of Tripp's room to go towards my own.

        Gavin was sitting out in the living area. He was on his laptop while the TV played in the background.

        He spotted me right away, a big grin spreading across his face. "Someone's doing the walk of shame," he sang.

        Blood flooded my cheeks, giving me away as I blushed. "W-why would you say that?"

        "You spent the night with Hollywood's most eligible bachelor. Oh, I have my reasons." Gavin wiggled his brows. "At least one of us saw some action last night."

        He'd been out with the model who'd asked Tripp out. I figured it was a better topic than that of my spending the night in Tripp's bed.

        "How was it with the model?"

        Gavin rolled his eyes. "I took a bullet for Tripp. She didn't eat meat, which meant I couldn't eat meat."

        I could only imagine the annoyance it must've been going out with someone who projected their diet choices on you.

        I frowned. "Really?"

        "I wanted a steak, but she lectured me into a 'nice' vegan restaurant instead. The conversation wasn't so bad, but I was starving by the time I got home. I had to order some meat covered in even more meat before going to bed."

        The sad look on his face made me laugh. "Should've used the Gavin Jacobson charm."

        Gavin shrugged. "I should've, but without meat I was out of my element."

        "Did you mention you knew Tripp Rivers?"

        Gavin appeared cross. "Don't forget you slept with Tripp. When I checked his room, you were all snuggled up in Tripp's arms."