20

STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

I couldn't believe what was happening. I hadn't gone to bed alone, and Tripp was asleep topless beside me, and I, was wearing his t-shirt.

No, we hadn't gone all the way, but we'd kissed, heavily for hours in my bed until our lips were too sore and swollen to move. What had I done?

         It was all a blur really. As soon as the showcase was over the guys met up with Tripp, congratulating him on his performance while I tried to stay hidden. But then Tripp found me as we were going out to his car. He wrapped his arm around my waist, asking Gavin to drive, he sat next to me and the whole way home he held me close and I could feel him sneaking glances at me. At his house it got worse, I attempted to go up to my room to call it a night, but Tripp made some excuse about being tired too and the next thing I knew he had my back against the door, bursting us into my bedroom as he kissed me again. From there we were tangled in my bed sheets, kissing like crazy, and soon Tripp wasn't wearing a top and I felt his hand sliding up my back.

         I covered my face in embarrassment as I recalled the memory. Oh Chloey, what have you done?

         The previous evening had happened and there was no going back.

         I climbed out of bed and tip-toed over to the balcony to drink in the morning sun.

         Tilting my head back, I basked in the sun's rays, enjoying the heat and clarity it provided.

         And then I felt him. I felt Tripp's arms wrap around me, his lips on my ear, soon my cheek, and then my lips.

         He turned me around and held me against his chest. There was a radiant glow to both his eyes and skin. Tripp was positively happy.

         "Good morning," he said.

         I felt shy and couldn't look at him. "Hi."

         Tripp chuckled. "Don't be shy, Clover, it's just us."

         Us. Why did my stomach flop at the sound of that word?

         "Things have changed." It was the only way to describe what was going on.

         Tripp made me regard him in the eyes. "Yes, they have."

         "You like me."

         He nodded, moving hair out of my face. "And you like me?"

         One minute he was this arrogant pop star who I'd unluckily won a trip to go visit. The next he was this sad guy who had everyone against him. And currently...

          I gazed into his gray eyes, finding fear, fear that I wouldn't feel the same. Slowly and hesitantly, I reached up and caressed his cheek. "W-when you sang 'Wonderwall,' you were singing it to me?"