1

Aurelia Esme

New school, again. You know, that's just so typical.

My father's job is why my family and I move so often. We move up to like every fifth month. And it sucks, I never really get to make any new friends. And it's starting to become a problem.

A seventeen year old girl without friends, I had a couple friends in Italy. But we were loosing contact, so I honestly didn't have any friends to hang out with in my spare time.

What sucked even more was because it's all my dad's fault. I wish he had another job. Or at least that we could settle down. Like, for years. I'm sure that's never going to happen, though. He loves his job more than anything in this entire world, even mor than he loves mom. But the moving-thing doesn't really matter to me anymore.

I mean, I'm moving out to go to college next year. This time, my father told me we were going to settle down. I got to go the last year of high school in Nebraska.

Which is a good thing, because I can finally have like the grades for a full school year. I was a straight A student, who did nothing wrong. Never had I ever done anything wrong in my life, and I always pleased everyone.

But to be honest, I never really pleased myself. And it started to become a problem.

As my dad drove me and my younger brother, Max to school, they were talking about that he was going to start on the football-team. I was listening to music, but I knew they were talking about football.

The way my brother became excited and enthusiastic when he talked. Both my older and younger bother were also straight A students. They had to be, my father wanted us all to be successfull people.

My older brother, Jackson was in the military. And that was exactly what my father wanted for my Max to do too. And I knew Max did not want to go to the military. He wanted to become a professional football-player, or a teacher. My father loved the fact that Max played football, but he did not want him to become professional. He was going to the military, or become a lawyer or something like that. I didn't really listen to their conversation, but I heard a couple words every now and then, mostly when my dad half-shouted while laughing. After a five minute-driving my dad finally stopped our black Mercedes outside the new school.

It wasn't a really big school, I was saying that because I'd be going to the biggest schools in the US and in probably every other country in the world, but I was sure that over 400 students was going here. And that was enough for me, more than enough actually.

"Have fun," my dad said as both Max and I opened the doors. I slightly nodded, sending him a smile before smashing the door.

As our father drove away from the parking lot, I looked over at Max. "I guess I'll see you later today," I said, and he nodded. "See ya, sis," he answered, grinning, before we both walked in different directions.

I got inside, and let my gaze slide over the hallway. It was big, but not the biggest hallway I'd seen. My lips were pressed together, and I scratched my neck as a girl came over to me. Her blonde, lond hair was sat up in a ponytail placed on top on her head, and she was wearing a couple jeans with a hoodie over.

She looked gorgeous, even with just normal clothes. More gorgeous than I'd ever be.

"Hey, you're the new girl, right?" she asked me. I nodded, yes. "Yeah, I'm Aurelia ," I said, smiling slightly at her. "I'm Clarity, your guide for today.