12

Aurelia Esme

Fireworks. Everywhere. Finally our lips met again, I had been longing for those lips for so long. But even though this felt so good, I knew it wasn't right. I couldn't do something like this to Wyatt.

He hadn't been anything but honest to me, and here I was, kissing his best friend on the day before Christmas Eve.

I felt like a complete monster.

As I pulled away, I gasped for air. "Finn, what are you doing?" I asked. He looked at me. "I'm sorry. I- I-" he stuttered. "You can't do that, I'm with Wyatt," I said as I looked away for a second. "I know, but I just couldn't resist kissing you anymore.

"I can't stand watching you with him. Whenever you guys held hands, kiss in public, laugh together and cuddle up, I can't stop thinking that it should be me holding you like that. That I should be the guy who made your head go messy and your stomach fill with butterflies whenever you see me. The guy who can make you smile whenever you're down. I just... I just miss you, Bambi," he said, his voice shaking and his eyes filling up with tears.

"Well, Finn. You missed your chance. I don't feel the same way about you as I once did," I said coldly, looking at the ground. He took a deep breath as he placed his fingers on my chin before lifting it up until our eyes met.

"Bambi, does he make you feel like I do?" he breathed. "Does he send chills down your spine whenever he strokes your skin like this?" he whispered as he let his fingertips slide lightly over my skin, making me shiver like crazy.

I knew he saw it, because a huge smile was planted on those perfect lips of his. "Does he make you whimper when he kisses your neck like I do?" he asked as he pulled me closer to him, pressing his lips softly again my neck. And he made me whimper, of course. I could feel him smiling against my neck.

"Finn..." I said, trying to control my breath. He kissed his way up to my ear. "And does he make you want him like I make you want me?" he whispered. He knew too well what he did to me. I closed my eyes and breathed heavily, trying to focus. Don't let him get to you, Aurelia. (Guys please don't get the wrong impression)

You're better than that. As I took a deep breath, I pushed him away.

"Finn,stop," I said coldly. He looked at me. "Finn, I'm happy with Wyatt. He treats me like a princess, and I really do care about him," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "I love him, Finn. Can't you just understand that?" I could see the pain in his eyes as he shook his head.

"You don't love him," he whispered. "How do you know that?" I asked as I tilted my head to the left. "I can see it in your eyes. You don't look at him like you look at me," he said. "I look at you with disgust," I snapped.

He looked deep into my eyes "Can you  honestly look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't love me?" he asked. "If you do that, I'm going to leave you alone," he continued, breathing deeply.

Of course I loved him. I loved him more than I was ever going to love anyone in this entire world. And he knew I did. "I don-" I started as I breathed in. Oh my god, why did this have to be so hard? Four words, twelve letters and he was gone - which meant Wyatt and I could be left alone. I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I don't love you, Finn Wolfhard."

☀︎

Days had gone, and I hadn't left the house once since Finn and I talked. I was an emotional mess. Heartbroken, guilty, angry, sad, happy.

Wyatt had tried to call me several times, but I chose not to take it, because it was too much. I felt so guilty for kissing that asshole called Finn Wolfhard & it would just get worse if I talked to Wyatt about it.

Wyatt. How I missed him. I missed his strong arms around me, his adorable laugh, his smile. I just missed him, and I felt so empty without him. But whenever I thought of Wyatt, I couldn't help but seeing Finn's face, hearing his voice repeating:

"You don't love him." And I started to question myself; Was Finn right? Did I really love Wyatt as much as I said I did?

New years eve. "Lia!" Max shouted from downstairs. "What?" I shouted back. "Someone's here. He wants to see you!" he shouted. "Ugh," I sighed as I stood up.

What was Finn doing here? I mean, he told he he'd leave me alone. After putting my hair in a ponytail and pulling a hoodie over my head, I walked downstairs. When I got down and out in the hallway, I looked up at the person standing in the door. My eyes met a couple brown ones, and that adorable smile appeared.

Wyatt Oleff

A huge smile spread across my lips as I ran towards him "Wyatt!" I squealed as I jumped up in his arms. Tears started to show up in the corners of my eyes, God how I missed this boy. He spun me around several times, smiling bigger than ever before.

"Baby girl," he whispered as he put me down. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forhead lightly before looking at me. I was so happy. "Let's go upstairs," I said as I took his hand and intertwined our fingers before we walked upstairs to my room.

As I closed the door, we sat down on my bed. "How was Europe?" I asked, smiling. "It was amazing," he said, returning a smile. "What did you do?" I asked as I crossed my legs. "Well, we visited some family, went skiing and stuff," he smiled. "Did you have fun?" I asked, letting my gaze slide over him several times.

Istarted to feel sick when I thought of the Finn-thing. I had to tell him now. He nodded. "What have you been doing?" he asked. "Nothing much, actually. I've just stayed here with my family, waiting for you to come home," I said as.

He placed his fingers under my chin as he pressed his lips against mine. "I missed you a lot," he whispered, making me smile. "I missed you too," I whispered, happy, but at the same time nauseous about the thought of what I'd done.

As he was going to kiss me again, I pulled away.

"Wyatt, there's something I need to tell you..." I said as I looked down. "What?" he said, confused. "Um, well.." I started, looking up at him.

He had his arms crossed over his chest as he looked with me with a curious look. "The day before Christmas Eve, there was this concert.." I started.

"Michael Bublè right? Was he any good?" he asked with a smile playing in the corners of his mouth. I shrugged. "I don't know really. I didn't listen because I met Finn there.." I kept on going, and I saw Wyatt's  jaw clench. "We started talking.." I said, seeing how he tried to control his breath. "You talked.." he said as he nodded. I took a deep breath.

"After talking for a while, Finn and I kind of... kissed," I whispered. "You what?!"

☀︎

Okay, the ending to this part was like terrible. Anyways, sorry for any mistakes like (Y/N) or Jack Gilinsky, I'm getting mixed up with another book,I'm working on! Also I'm working on a new Finn book !!! But yeah thanks for reading! 🖤