5.5. A Day At Sunrise

//The sixth chapter is almost ready but before I'll publish it please enjoy this filler! Saty tuned for the debut!

~ February 14th, Monday ~

Third Person P.O.V.

Park Juwon was on his way to the office on a windy Monday morning. He had already told the girls of Lucky Number to practice on their own till midday so he could focus on the more important things like managing the staff for the music video shoot, including the planning for the multiple shooting locations. You might think it's easy for managers and other staff to give orders to idols but he was nearly behind on all his projects.

On the fifth floor was the office Juwon worked in. A year ago he had been promoted so he could move from the annoying open-plan office to a separate room with a shiny name tag. It wasn't that spacious but he could concentrate so much better. Thanks to the promotion he was now the manager of an amazing girl group. Juwon took off his coat and hanged it on the stand in the corner and opened the curtains revealing the window to busy street before the building. He sat down by the computer, adjusting his work phone next to him and sipped his black coffee with a spoonful of sugar. It was 8 o'clock and the day was ready to start.

~~

Han Seojin had called Juwon to the recording studio where he was tweaking all kinds of different equipment that only a professional would understand. "And no one even knows what Lucky Number's concept is! How am I supposed to make suitable songs for a group I know next to nothing about?" Seojin was clearly irritated after the recording last week. He stumbled over some cords and threw himself on a chair. Juwon raised an eyebrow. "You have been working with every member for almost a year on New Morning and you don't know them?" The older man used his age as his advantage and Seojin sighed in defeat.

"Alright, I get it. But do you know how difficult it is to work when the next song must be a real hit?" the producer slammed his hand on the table. The manager sat next to him. "I know nothing about making music but I know you. You're a genius when it comes to song writing. No matter the artist you can make a song that suits them." Seojin looked at Juwon in silence, a little startled. "Why are you getting all soft?" he made a snark comment but hid his face with the hood of his jacket.

"So how did the recording go on Friday?" Juwon asked. Seojin straightened on the chair, thinking about the session with each member. "Hyejin was quick and Songmin improvised some ad-libs. Haneul and Jiwoo were difficult because they didn't get the lyrics right." Mr. Park nodded, he agreed with this. "Yeongja has a great sense of rhythm. (First Name) took the longest because of pronouncing and the lines. But they are all generally strong, no major issues with them," Seojin said with slight reluctance. "They will practice the rest of the album this week."

Juwon was happy with what he was hearing. "So the songs are on schedule," he mumbled and wrote it down on his planner. "Good job, Seojin-ie," he patted the junior's shoulder. "We'll have a meeting on Thursday you must not miss if you want to learn more about girls." Juwon got up after glancing at the clock. "Get out already," Seojin shoved the manager towards the door.