15. The Seven of Us

~ April 15th, Saturday ~

The events of the last two-three months felt distant at the time of the long-awaited comeback. What I had learned during my one full year as an idol was that you always have something going on, and that comeback season hit you hard if you hadn't been exercising and sleeping enough before it.

But we were in high spirits, not only because we had had cake and all kinds of fun events and U Lives for our first anniversary, but because we were confident in our new mini album. We still performed our beloved "Don't Mind" and other songs made by Mr. Han and other producers but Songmin's EDM infused yet sentimental style gave our typical pop concept some spice and kick. This was a significantly bigger change than between debut and first comeback, and even the CEO made a careful estimation in sales. But at the moment we valued our teamwork and passion for performing more than numbers and profit.

However, when the album was released yesterday, no one could deny the success. The first hour was nothing exceptional on WeTube and streaming charts, but after a little while the audience's interest grew exponentially. "The Ocean" peaked first in top 5, then in top 3, and by midnight it had climbed up to the very top. I think Songmin cried a little.

– Are we famous now? Haneul gasped, this time dropping her comedic act as the news sunk in.

The following morning was exciting. No new songs had been released to battle with ours, and we were still first, and we were going to celebrate it with our fans.

– Someone tell me where my shoes are!

Haneul ran around the dressing room, escaping the frustrated stylist while trying to find her suede ankle boots. Jiwoo asked around for some help with her shirt zipper and back bow, and an earring got stuck on a strand of Hyejin's hair.

This was our third fanmeet, but undoubtedly the biggest one. The venue was larger than last time, and it was filled up to the edges. As soon as we stepped on stage and prepared for the individual greetings the fans started to scream and cameras flashed non-stop. I only heard indistinctive shrieks but it was clear everyone knew how well our album was doing on charts. It was humbling, and all six of us had difficulties holding the tears in.

We continued by dancing to "Ocean" (the fanchant was so awesome), and by answering questions about the comeback preparations and our latest interests in TV shows and food. Halfway done, we had an announcement.

– As you all know, we made our debut a little over a year ago. We are forever thankful for all the support you have shown us, Songmin started.

– So we decided to gift you with a fandom name, as well as our official colors.

If they were excited before, the fans were ecstatic now, they hadn't expected a surprise like this. We moved to the sides of the stage to give space for the slideshow on the white screen behind us. Jiwoo had professional looking cue cards.

– Let's start with the colors. The first color is Plum Purple.

– I don't know if we are allowed to reveal this, but this was the initial color we were assigned with when we debuted, Hyejin smirked.

– Because we have a sexy concept.

– Is it sexy? I thought it was girl crush! Haneul voiced her opinion, making us argue about it for a while, leaving everyone guessing what our real concept was.

– Okay, calm down, everyone! The other color is this pretty orange, Autumn Orange.

– Why is it Autumn? I asked with a smile.

– It's a secret, Jiwoo simply answered.

Hyejin shuffled the cue cards, seemingly ready to move to the next topic.