three

the gang rode on their bikes with ben, the kid they found in the river, on the back of bill's bike while hazel rode on the back of stanley's

the gang rode on their bikes with ben, the kid they found in the river, on the back of bill's bike while hazel rode on the back of stanley's. normally she would ride on the back of richie's but he was scared janice might see them and think he's taken. richie wasn't going to risk it which made hazel kind of upset but as always she pushed it aside.

"i think it's great we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think about our own safety. i mean he's bleeding all over and you guys know there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak?" eddie rants.

"i mean my mom's friend in new york got it just by touching a dirty pole in the subway, and a drop of AIDS blood got into his system through a hangnail, through a hangnail! and-and they can amputate legs and arms but-but how do you amputate a waist? How do you amputate a waist! you guys know that alleys are known for dirty needles that have AIDS right? you guys know that?"

"eds! ben doesn't have AIDS!" hazel yelled, tired of his ranting.

"okay, uh, richie, hazel wait out here" hazel bit her lip and nodded at bill as the rest of the group ran inside the store.

"glad i got to meet you before you die" richie said in which hazel gave him a look to shut up. minutes later of listening to richie's impressions, the rest of the group came out with supplies rather quickly. eddie began to try and patch ben up.

"just suck the wound" richie states.

"i need to focus right now" eddie tells them, obviously very annoyed by richie and his comments but when was he not.

"go get me my bifocals, i hid them in my second fanny pack" eddie requests causing hazel to giggle.

"why do you have two fanny packs?" stan ask.

"i need to focus right now and it's kind of a long story-" eddie was cut off.

"i don't wanna hear it" hazel loved and appreciate eddie and all his weirdness just as she did the other losers.

"it's okay eddie, it's cute" hazel assures him with a smile sent in the now blushing boys direction.

"oh my god! oh my god, he's bleeding, oh my god" stan panics as they realize he was bleeding even more now.

richie sighs "i told you, suck the wound before you apply bandage. this is 101!" eddie proceeded to tell him that richie doesn't know what he's talking about. hazel noticed from the corner of her eye a girl coming in their direction, beverly marsh.

"are you okay? that looks like it hurts" beverly comes down the alley way with bill following.

"oh, uh, no, i'm good. i just fell" ben lies as he sits up more with a smile towards the beautiful red haired girl.

"yeah right into henry bowers" richie scoffed causing hazel to give him a look.

"shut it r-r-richie" bill hissed at him.

"why? it's the truth!" richie defends himself.

"you sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" beverly says with a flirty tone, she sends a wink in ben's direction and he smiles back at her.

"you know w-w-w-we'll take care of h-him". thanks again, beverly" bill thanks her as hazel gives her a welcoming smile.

"sure, maybe i'll see you around" the red haired beauty smiles at bill.

"yeah, we were thinking about going to the q-q-q-quarry tomorrow if you wanna..." beverly smiles before walking out of the alley way. eddie stands up next to hazel, dusting his hands off from where he was on the ground.

"nice going, bringing up bowers in front of her" stan says to richie. eddie nods his head in agreement "yeah, you heard what she did."

"oh, come on guys, they're just rumors" hazel  ran a hand through her hair, sighing at them.

"what did she do?" ben questioned the group of losers.

"more like who'd she do. from what i hear the list is longer than my wang." richie states while grabbing his crotch.

"that's not saying much" stan and hazel both said in sync with the roll of their eyes.

"they're j-j-j-just rumors" bill states, hazel nodded in agreement.

"anyway, bill had her back in third grade, they kissed in the school play. the reviews said you can't fact that sort of passion" richie explains.

"beverly isn't someone's property, richie. no girl should be anyone's property" hazel explained to him with a stern tone.

"oh well how about i tell the new kid how you and stan the man made out in last years school play?" a red colour immediately ran to hazel and stan's face with the mention of it.

"richie..." stan said giving a look to just shut up but of course, knowing richie, he wasn't going to.

"okay now pip pip and tally-ho my good fellows, i do believe this chap requires our utmost attention! get in there dr. k, come on, fix him up" richie yells, pushing eddie down to ben.

"why don't you shut the fuck up, einstein, because i know what i'm doing and i don't want you doing the british guy with me right now-" eddie was cut off as always as hazel giggled at their friendship.

"suck the wound! get in there!" richie says with a british accent. hazel smiled at her friends, happy but sadness still overrode her emotions. if only she didn't like richie still.