five

hazel stood with her mouth ajar when she walked into ben's bedroom

hazel stood with her mouth ajar when she walked into ben's bedroom. many historical papers with evidence hung among the group on the wall.

"wow" richie exclaimed walking up next to hazel with eddie following behind him. she began walking around looking around at everything.

"cool huh?" ben leaned against his closet door, watching them.

"no, no, nothing cool" richie stated, not interested in anything hung on the walls but hazel knew better than that.

hazel knew richie was just trying to sound cool when in reality he was a loser just like them but she loved that about him. the enthusiasm he had all the time and positive attitude was admired by hazel. she aspired to be like that but knew better than that.

"hazelnut, look at this! that's cool-oh wait no, it's not" richie pointed at an article on the wall.

"what's that?" stan asks.

"that? that's the charter for derry township" ben states.

"nerd alert" richie teases while hazel just rolled her eyes at him but smiled.

"no, it's actually really interesting, derry started as a beaver trapping camp-" ben was cut off

"still is, am i right boys?" richie holds his hand up for a high five but only received looks from stanley and eddie.

"91 people signed the charter that made derry" ben continues, hazel looked at the articles as she listened intensely to ben. "but later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace"

"the whole camp?" hazel asks in shock.

"there are rumors of an indians but no signs of an attack. everyone just thought it was the plague or something but it's like one day everyone woke up a left. the only clue was a trail of blood clothes leading to the well house..." hazel was in deep thought about this whole thing, wanting to know the answer as to why they all went missing.

"w-w-where's the well house?"

"i don't know, somewhere in town i guess" ben says "why?"

"nothing.." bill trails off.

-

the group had all gone their separate ways now and hazel was riding her bike through town for a bit. hazel suddenly came to a halt when she noticed something across the street that made her gasp and cover her mouth with her hand

"HAZEL WINTERS; THE SLUT"

it was written with stray paint across the movie theater playing. she felt tears build up in her eyes and saw henry and his idiot of friends with stray paint near by. she couldn't do anything, she was too weak to and she just rode off to the one place she knew she could be safe and comfortable.

"hazel what's wrong? did someone hurt you? are you okay? was it henry? i'll kill him, i swear i will" richie ranted, making their way up into his room to talk. he wanted to know who made his best friend cry and hurt her like this.

once they were in his room they sat on his bed and hazel broke, "it was h-henry, he, uh, h-h-he-"

"what did he do?" richie said, growing angry.

"h-he, uh wrote something about me...he wrote "hazel winter; the s-slut on the movie playings" she managed to get out, embarrassed that she even had to tell him. she hid her face in his arm, gripping onto his shirt.

"that asshole! i swear i'm gonna kill him, hazel!" richie's fist began turning white from how tight he was clenching them.

"is it because i hang out with you guys? do you think i'm a slut because of that? i don't understand, richie, i don't get what did i do wrong?" hazel's voice trailed off as she sniffled. hazel was always sensitive to everything, with the way she grew up with her parents she always was a cry baby.

"haz, you didn't do anything wrong, you're anything but a slut and i'm gonna beat henry's ass" the room went silent as hazel laid with her head in richie's lap as he ran his hands through her hair. richie was planning the death of henry bowers in his head while hazel's mind was all over the place.

"i'm sorry, i haven't helped you get with janice much this summer..." hazel said in soft voice, breaking the silence.

"you don't have to, i don't need janice" richie said causing her eyebrows to furrow and look up at him, confused.

"why not? i thought you liked her?"

"i never liked her, i just liked her body, i would never be able to be with her knowing i still have feelings for someone else..." hazel was still confused but decided not to question and soon the two fell asleep.