four

the next morning was spent with hazel rushing to put on her clothes and head out the door

the next morning was spent with hazel rushing to put on her clothes and head out the door. her house had been so quiet since kara's disappearance. hazel had attempt to tell her parents about kara but she figured they just didn't care about the letter she sent them. hazel figured her parents didn't care much about her either but she managed with the money they left and her friends.

hazel hopped on her bike and sped off in the direction of the quarry. as soon as hazel arrived she noticed the boys in their underwear standing on the edge of the cliff. hazel parks her bike but waits for them to finish their contest.

"oh my god! that was terrible. i win" richie yells excitedly, hazel chuckles as she tears off her shorts and shirt, showing her red laced undergarments.

"are you guys gonna jump in or am i going to have to show you how to?" hazel smirked as all the boys turned their heads in the direction of the brunette. she chuckles at their expressions but they yet to move so she ran off and jumped off the cliff. she didn't hear anything as she splashed underneath the water before rising up to see beverly, who had apparently showed up as well, in the water too.

once everyone had jumped into the water, they decided to have a chicken fight with hazel on stanley's shoulders and richie on eddie's. hazel giggled as richie grabbed her hands to push her off in which she pushed back just as hard. stan gribbed her ankles to keep her up and she gave the finally push to richie who landed back in the water, declaring her then winner.

"yeah! suck it tozier, we're better!" hazel cheered, slipping off stan's shoulders as richie grumbled. he glared at the two, the thought he was just upset he lost but in reality he hated the fact stan had been so close to her.

hazel was happy for the first time in weeks since her sister had disappeared and she didn't want it to end. she knew it had to though, happiness was never a forever thing, it always ended. after the group splashed around a little bit, they got out and dried off. hazel grabbed a towel, suddenly getting insecure so she wrapped it around her body for her undergarments to dry. beverly laid on towel with the boombox volume up while hazel sat on the ground.

"news flash ben, school's out for summer" richie's voice ran through her ears.

"oh that's not school stuff" ben informs richie who was digging through ben's bag without even asking him.

"who sent you this?" richie pulled a postcard out of his bag but only for ben to snatch it away immediately from him, yelling it was no one. richie chuckled before pulling out a folder that peaked hazel's interest so she squished herself in between richie and stanley, almost accidentally sitting on richie's lap at first but she quickly fixed herself before she did. richie would have never let her live if that were to happen.

"what's with the history project?" richie questions as hazel leans closer to richie to look at what's inside.

"oh uh well when i first moved here, i didn't really have anyone to hang out with, so i spent my time at the library" be explains to them.

"you went to the library? on purpose?" richie questions, confused.

"i go to the library on purpose" hazel said looking at richie with her eyebrows furrowed.

"yeah but it's cute that you do it" stanley said.

he obviously didn't  mean to speak that out loud but it came out anyways. hazel smiled at stan with a red tint on her cheeks. richie threw an unnoticed glare at stan before continuing. beverly sat next to bill and asked to see the folder to look at it.

"what's the black spot?" stan questions, looking at the newspaper title.

"the black spot was a nightclub that was burned down years ago by that racist cult" eddie explains to stan since ben was too busy looking at how bill was looking at beverly.

"y-y-y-your hair-" bill attempted to say.

"your hair looks beautiful, beverly" ben compliments the red head as she smiles and thanks him.

"why is it all murders and missing kids?" hazel questioned, noticing the frequent connection of missing people.

"derry's not like any town i've ever been to before. they did a study once and it turns out people die or disappear six times the national average" ben explains, hazel's interest was sparked and she wanted to know more about the missing kids.

"you read that?" beverly asked.

"and that's just grown ups kids are way worse. i've got more stuff if you want to see it" eddie shook his head super fast, obviously not wanting to but they left anyways.

this is a terrible and boring chapter im sorry there isn't any richie and hazel moments i'll get to soon!!!