six

that morning hazel was left inside richie's bedroom while he left to go clean off the words henry wrote on the sign

that morning hazel was left inside richie's bedroom while he left to go clean off the words henry wrote on the sign. unfortunately, the gang was already there all on their bikes and saw the sign as he was cleaning.

"who did t-t-that?" bill asked in shock as richie came down from ladder after he finished.

"the only asshole in town, henry bowers, now let's go you said something about beverly needing us?" richie and the gang took off to beverly's house while hazel had awoken and decided to take a breather.

she walked around in the woods like she did sometimes to get some fresh air and clear her mind. after walking for a bit, she began to her some cries and yells coming from closer to the road in the woods. she gasped seeing the homeschooled boy, mike's face being shoved into some raw meat, it was henry and his goons.

"hey! asshole, leaving him alone" hazel merged from the woods and glared at henry as he loosened his grip on the boy.

"oh look, it's little miss slut, come to give me some too like what you gave the rest of those losers?" hazel furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"i never gave anyone anything, bowers, now let him go and stop being such a fucking ass" she snapped but henry just walked closer to her, grabbing her wrist to pull her closer.

"you're mine, winters" henry's disgusting breath hit her face and she scrunched her nose up. a rock suddenly came flying their way and hit bowers.

"leave her alone!" hazel looked to see a pissed richie and the rest of the gang on the other side of the stream.

"you losers are trying too hard, she'll do you, all you have to do is ask nicely, winters here will too, she did me" henry said holding both her wrist tightly with one hand as he grabbed his junk. she made a barfing face and scrunched her nose again.

"rock war!!" before she knew it, they were having a rock war as richie ran across the stream to get hazel and bring her back along with mike. the losers began to leave as the other group of henry's goons stopped, leaving henry on the ground.

"go blow your dad, you mullet wearing asshole!" richie yelled to henry before flipping him off with both of his middle fingers. richie and hazel left the scene with richie's hand holding onto hers without them realizing.

"thanks guys but you shouldn't have done that, he'll be after you guys too now" mike thanks the group of losers as they walk through some grass by a train track.

"oh, no, no, no, bowers? he's always after us" eddie explains walking ahead of the group while hazel strayed behind them.

"i guess that's one th-th-thing we all have in common" bill says with a chuckle.

"yeah, homeschool! welcome to the loser club!" richie exclaims. hazel realized they were all so close and similar but all so different and she loved it that way.

-

"are you sure you're okay, hazel? he didn't touch you?" richie questioned the girl for what felt like the millionth time since they started walking to her house.

"yes, richie, i'm okay, are you okay? henry hit you with the rock pretty hard" hazel looked up at the boy with a worried look in her eyes.

"i'm a really man, of course i'm okay" richie exclaimed as hazel rolled her eyes at him but still chuckled at him.

"of course you are, richie"

hazel was falling even harder for him everyday she sees him. if only she knew he was too.