seven

hazel as well as the rest of the loser club were currently in the main city part where derry's fourth of july parade took place in

hazel as well as the rest of the loser club were currently in the main city part where derry's fourth of july parade took place in. hazel was standing next to stanley, wearing a red and white shirt with a pair of blue jean shorts. the gang was looking at a missing person picture of edward corcoran that was now covering up the missing person picture of betty ripsom.

"they said they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe" stan informed the group, hazel looking at the picture with her arms crossed.

"he asked to borrow my pencil once" ben says.

bill lifted up the picture of edward to reveal the one of betty underneath it, "it's like she's been f-f-f-forgotten, because corcoran's missing."

"is it ever gonna end?" stan asks the questions hazel was planning on asking too. hazel glanced over and noticed richie stole a tuba from one of the guys in the marching band group. hazel watches as richie plays loud and off-key and the tuba player takes it from him but not without richie yelling a "what the fuck?" at him.

"what are you guys talking about?" eddie asks as he comes back from getting an ice cream for him, hazel, and richie. eddie hands the brunette her ice cream and she smiles at him.

"what they always talk about" richie states, grabbing the other ice cream from eddie and licking it.

"i think it will end, for a little while at least," ben answers stans previous question. beverly questions him before he continues on.

"i was going over all my derry research, and i charted out all the big events. the ironworks explosion in 1908, the bradley gang in '35 and the black spot in '62, and now kids being..." ben looks up at bill, "i realized this stuff seems to happen every-"

"27 years" bill and hazel said together as hazel came to realization, it all pieced together but didn't make sense to her all the way yet.

the loser gang decided to sit down to talk all about this and took their place on a bench near the paul bunyan statue. bev, stan, hazel and mike were sitting on the bench while eddie, bill, ben, and richie sat on their bikes.

"okay, so let me get this straight," eddie starts as he bits his lip, concentrating. "it comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year? and then what? it just goes into hibernation?"

"maybe it's like those bugs that come out every 17 years" stan suggests.

"you mean the cicadas?" hazel questions looking at stanley who nods his head smiling at the intelligent girl. richie glares between the two.

"my grandfather thinks this town is cursed. he says that all the bad things that happened in this town are because one thing. an evil thing that feeds off the people of derry" mike explains.

"but it can't be on thing," stanley says with shake laced in his voice "we all saw something different."

"or maybe it just knows what scares us most..." hazel trailed off, the thought of something knowing what scares us most terrified her.