#70 "Confessing is hard" (part 2)

#svtshortimagines #Jihoon (#70)
===
Jihoon is sitting beside me while reading a book. And I am busy staring at his cute eyes, cute nose, cute lips and those fair skin of his.

"Stop staring at me. You are making a hole to my face," he complained.

I pouted and almost hit his head using my hand.

But he caught my act and he threatened, "Just try hitting me and I swear you will see my guitar flying over you." Finally, he looked at me.

"Yah! You are so bad!" I protested.

Everyone glared at me, even the librarian who hushed me, "Shsssh!"

So, I bowed at them and apologized,  "S-Sorry."

When I looked back at Jihoon, I saw him laughing.

"Jihoon, you are so evil," I whispered.

He put down the book he was reading and leaned closer, "If you think that I am an evil, then why do you still stick with me for almost 10 years."

He is right. The reason why  I never left him side is not simply because of our friendship we built for ten years. It was all because of this one-sided-love I have for him."

I tilted my head to hide my blushing cheeks. "C-Cause you are my friend," I stuttered.

"If you are tired of me, then go with that Kim Mingyu."

"Huh?"

Kim Mingyu? Ah! The boy who confessed his feelings to me, two days ago.

"I already heard it. Our whole school knew you."

"W-Why?"

"Well, that Kim Mingyu is popular in our school, especially to girls." He rolled his eyes and read his book again.

I sighed and scratched my nape. "What's good about that Kim MIngyu anyway?"

"Uhmmm, he is tall," he answered. "And tall, and... tall."

"Pffft, are you jealous?" I teased.

He stood up and suddenly shouted, "No! I am not! Why should I?! I don't care if he likes you! Huh! Me? Jealous?! Jealous my butt!"

Everyone glared at him also, even the librarian hushed him down.

So he sat down wearing those pinkish cheeks of his.

"I-I am not taling about beaing jealous romantically. I am talking about the height," I explained.

"A-Ah, r-really?" he responded.

Then there is a little  awkwardness between us. So we avoid each other gaze and forged a cough, "Ahem!"

"Anyway," he said without looking back. "Are you going to date him?"

"Who?"

"That Kim Mingyu. He confessed to you so...you must give him your answer."

I clenched my fist and composed myself. "J-Jihoon, look at me."

He looked into my eyes. And when our gaze met, I breathe in and out to gather my strength.

"Do you want me to date him?" I asked.

My heart beats faster with mixed emotions of nervousness, sadness and excitement. While looking at him, I started to pray for his answer.

I pray:'Please say no, Jihoon please say no"

However...

"Date him," he answered and looked away. "Why are you asking me? You don't need my permission. It's your life, not mine. You are not my property."

I freeze.

After a few seconds, I felt a great pain inside my heart, like it is shattered into pieces, and every pieces wounded my flesh like a dagger.

I did my best. I know I did my best. But I failed to control my tears. It fell down from my eyes, down to my cheeks and it is unstoppable.

I moved my head away to hide my embarrassing face.

Sobbing without sounds is the the most painful way of this one-sided love.

There are people beside us, but still, we can't have them.

Jihoon, I love you, but why can't I have you?

"Hey, are you crying?" he asked and tried to peeked on my face.

I gripped my bag and bit my lower lip while crying. Please, I begged you Jihoon, please don't look at me. Please..... somebody help me right now.

"Why are you cr---"

Suddenly, my sight turned black. I saw nothing but pitch of darkness.

One.

Two.

Three.

It took me three seconds to realize that someone covered my face using a jacket. Who is he?

"Sorry,"  a voice I heard behind me. "But can I borrow your friend for a while?"

I... knew whose voice is that.

"M-Mingyu?" Jihoon gasped.

When I am about to took his jacket off from my head, Mingyu already pulled me up and took me away.

=====