4: what the hell happened to you?

"i get chills, heart rate multipliesi'm on a different kind of high"

i'm on a different kind of high"

»»»»»»««««««

nicki and beverly sat on nicki's bed talking about everything and anything. they've grown really close in the past 24 hours, which surprised nicki a lot.
"oh my god..." beverly spoke out of nowhere, a look of sheer horror washed over her face.
the girl got up and raced into her friends bathroom and shut the door quickly. nicki sat on her bed in confusion when she heard the sound of heels lightly clicking on the hardwood floor of the hallway and a light knock on her door.

"uhm, nick? can i talk to you really quick? i know your friend is here but i need your advice," scarlett's light voice trailed off.
nicki simply nodded as scarlett walked into the room in front of her older sister who she thought was absolutely stunning.
"so, gretta and the girls are really nice to me and all but they're so mean everyone else and i don't know what to do." the girl spoke worriedly.
"scar, just as long as you aren't mean to people and you stay your kind self, there's nothing wrong with you being friends with those girls." nicki said allowing a look of relief to wash over her sisters face.
"okay, have fun today!" scarlett exclaimed before galloping off and down the hall.

it'd been quite a few minutes since beverly went to go to the bathroom and nicki was wondering what was wrong so she stood up and walked to her bathroom door and knocked.
"bev? is everything alright?" nicki asked the locked door, waiting for a response.
"uh- yeah? i mean, um- i don't know what to do." the girl spoke, horror lacing her voice.
"what's wrong?" nicki asked.
the door immediately opened to show a flushed beverly pulling her into the bathroom and then shutting the door and locking it.
"i've never had this before and i don't know what to do." beverly spoke quickly.
"bev, what's wrong?" nicki asked sternly.
"i started my period..." the red head trailed off.
"seriously? this is what all of this is about?" nicki laughed.
"here, this is my last one. let's go to gretta's dads store and buy more." nicki said handing beverly the small package before leaving the bathroom.

a few moments later the girl walked out of the bathroom slowly.
"ready?" nicki asked.
"yeah." beverly answered, relief in her voice.

the two girls walked the streets of derry until they made it to the pharmacy. they walked to the area and looked for the right kind of stuff beverly may need, basically nicki just stood there looking around. nicki had only been in there once before since she moved and she didn't like the smell, or the looks of it. after beverly picked out a box the door to the store opened and the infamous gretta stomped through the door angrily, nicki grabbed beverly by the arm and brought her over into the other isle where three boys were holding boxes upon boxes of medical supplies.
"woah, who's dying?" nicki laughed looking over to beverly who had both her hands behind her back, smiling as well.

"o-our friend g-g-got hurt p-pretty bad b-but we don't ha-have enough for the s-stuff." bill spoke.
"here, go wait by the door, nicki when i turn and smile you give the cue for the guys to leave." the girl said before handing the box to her friend and strutting up to the counter.
everybody knew that mr. keene was a perverted man who loved flirting with teenage girls so it was no surprise that when beverly tried he totally bought it.
beverly put the mans glasses on and flaunted them while the blonde haired girl waited. beverly reached over to give the man his glasses back when she knocked over a whole rack of things on display.
"oh shit! i'm so sorry!" she dryly laughed as the guy bent down, she then grabbed a pack of cigarettes before turned to nicki giving her a smirk.

nicki grabbed a nearby bag, throwing the box that beverly needed in it as well as some chocolate and then motioned for the boys to run outside while she followed and soon came beverly strutting out, confidence basically radiating off of her.
"h-hey, uh- i'll p-pay you b-back. th-thanks." bill spoke up at last looking at beverly with a sweet smile.
"no it's okay, even steven." bev said while holding up her pack of cigarettes with a smirk on her face.

the group of five then rounded the corner to see a familiar trash mouth talking off the other new kids ear.
"ben from soc!" beverly yelled out walking up to the boy.
the tiny boy named eddie began messing with all the medical stuff, when nicki finally noticed how bad the boys wounds were.
"woah, wait. what the hell happened to you??" nicki exclaimed, worried.
"that's what i said, babe!" richie yelled, pushing his thick rimmed black glasses up his freckled nose.

nicki just rolled her eyes in response to the boy who smirked at her. yeah, sure she thought the boy was cute and his attempts to woo her over were pathetically adorable but she didn't know what to do about her undying feelings for bill.

and maybe that's what her problem is...

~~~~
here is a long fricken chapter, i hit a really big writers block but i pushed through it to update this so i hope it's somewhat alright haha
i hope you enjoyed🌟