5: watch and learn, boys.

"summer is herethe radio is playing all the songs we know"

"summer is here
the radio is playing all the songs we know"

»»»»»»««««««

the day after helping ben out nicki rides her bike around town like she has done plenty of times before. she rode alone, listening to songs on her little tape player while she day dreamed and people watched. growing up she always enjoyed watching people live their lives because each person was like a whole book that hadn't been read yet. you never expected what a persons personality would be like or what would happen if you became acquainted with them. that's what she admired most about the idea of watching people, she could make up their lives on her own and not feel weird about it or anything.

she thought about how odd the town seemed, there had been so many children who had gone missing since she moved to the small town that they had to set a curfew for all the teenagers and little kids for 7:00 o'clock at night, but of course nicki saw no point of that law, so she stayed out till 11:00 everynight with beverly.

she decided she would ride her bike to the quarry today, it was sort of early in the morning so she figured nobody would be there yet but as she rode up to the cliff she saw 5 half naked boys standing over the edge hocking loogies and arguing.

"no, it's mass over distance! it's always been that way!" eddie argued.
"no, it has always been distance, and i obviously won." richie combatted.
"i think it'd be mass over distance." the girl said, scaring the group of boys.
"how long have you been there?" ben finally asked the girl.
"long enough to know eddie won." nicki sassed with a smirk and a hand on her hip.
"are you going to jump in or not?" nicki asked, adding onto her sass.
"w-we don't kn-know h-how cold the w-water is." bill asked.
"we'll go!" another female voice spoke from beside nicki as the now short haired red head unclothed and waited for nicki.

nicki stripped down like her now best friend, beverly, to nothing but her lacey black bra and baby blue underpants and then grabbed beverly's hand.
"watch and learn boys." nicki smirked once more before running and jumping off the cliff into the cold water earning a loud 'what the fuck?!' from richie.

the coldness engulfed nicki as she let herself sink farther into the water where she felt complete peace, before she pushed herself back up to the surface where she gasped for air.

the boys from above had finally grown a pair and were all jumping in individually, eddie going last of course. for what seemed like months but was actually about 2 hours the group laid on some rocks, well the two girls did while the boys gawked at the girls who lay before them.

bust a move came through nicki's small radio while nicki and beverly lay on towels that beverly brought. beverly felt holes being burnt into her so she turned her head to the boys and smirked, watching them all look away as quickly as they could. beverly flipped her body over so she was laying on her stomach and looked to nicki who was already giggling.

"smooth, boys, real smooth." nicki spoke before draping her arm over her eyes once more so she could continue to tan.

~~~
here is another update but like wtf i've gotten so many reads recently like ???? what did i do to deserve this? i love you all who read and vote for this book so much and i'm actually going to continue and finish this one so yay!! also i'm still not 100% sure who i want nicki to end up with but i think i have an idea so yay!
i hope you enjoyed🌟