Afterwards

Lilly Windsplash was the one who saw it. The mountain exploding. Then she knew that no one, spirit nor witch survived. Ah but it was for the best, for Solara and Holly died heroes. Holly avenged Harbrook. Solaria avenged Farthing, her mother and sister. 

Ah, but Lilly had a trick up her scaly sleeves. She had the spell to give her legs all along, ah yes, she had lied. Mers can deceive humans. She braved the woods to tell Farthing of the tragedy, and the one behind all the murders.

The Village was in mourning all through winter, but they were ever so grateful for Solaria and Holly's fight, though brief as it had been.

Luna grew up a talented witch as she had been in her previous life. But she was much more happy, bubbly is more the word. Though she had lapses in memory and remained most in her head, she remained a happy person who loved life as much as she loved magic.

Luna had no memory of her previous life. Nothing of her mother or sister remained, but the village spoke highly of them. Stellaria the Dragon Slayer, and Solaria the Blazing Star. And as time would go on, Luna would use such feats as a motivator to push herself to do greatness. But that my friends, is a story for another night.

Funny thing was, the spirits saw it all. Fate was the only thing that stopped them. They had to let Merlot kill, they had to rob Holly of her powers, so Solaria could prove a point. The weak can shine brighter than the sun if you allow it. This would inspire her younger sister, who would do great things that would push history forward. 

As for Merlot. All that remained was the mist that would sweep through the villages at 3 AM to sunrise Hollow's Eve. Some say if you step out into the mist, you will feel her breath upon your neck. Such things would bring misfortune until the first snow.

The Forboden Wood changed that night, a lush green place of flowers and song birds. Some say Holly's spirit remains there. If you step into there, it would be best to leave her a piece of rosemary bread at the tallest oak, maybe you could give her an apple as well.

Solaria, they say, became the protector of Hollow's Eve. She would polish the moon, she would walk among the living and keep the festivities of the end of the harvest warm and jovial. If one is traveling, one will feel warmer, more determined to go on until the morning light. If you wish for her protection. Light a candle on Hollow's Eve, and that light will protect you.

So long as you believe.