Bite My Tongue

"Um, is it bad if someone besides the two of us know?" I ask Bryan. "It depends," he replies, "who is it?" "My best friend/nurse that does everything for me, Ashley, knows," I say. "Can he keep a secret?" Bryan asks.

"He's been hiding our meeting from my mom for awhile, so, yes."

"That's good," Bryan says, "if someone else knew, we'd be screwed." "I know," I tell him, "so, tell me more about yourself."

"Well, I moved here from Japan, I used to have a dog but it died when I moved to Nebraska, I am 20 years old, I'm gay, and I live with my mom," Bryan says. "I'm 17, almost 18, I don't have any pets due to my disease, I live with my mom and Ashley, and both of my sisters are going to college soon," I reply.

"Cool," Bryan says, "you're really cool, y'know? You don't let your disease hold you back. I know I would if I were you." "Well, you can't let something as simple as a life threatening disease hold you back," I reply casually, "let's change the subject, okay?"

"Okay," Bryan says, "new subject! Who's your favorite queen from season nine of RPDR?" "What?" I ask. "RuPaul's Drag Race," Bryan replies. "Oh," I say, "I've never seen it."

Bryan looks surprised, "Watch it! You'll love Kimora and Sasha. Maybe even Charlie!" "I'll keep that in mind," I say with a smile.

Bryan and I get closer to each other. Soon, I'm close enough to lay my head on his shoulder. He doesn't mind it. I'm so glad I'm not stiff and awkward! I feel like I can be myself around him. All because he doesn't care about my flaws. He just cares about me.

"Okay, Bryan, you should get going," Ashley says as he walks in. "What?" I ask rather loudly. "You heard me," Ashley replies sternly. Bryan gives me a sympathetic look. "We'll text each other," he assures me, "don't worry." I smile and he stands up from the couch. Ashley leads him to the door.

"I told you two to stay on separate sides of the room," Ashley says once Bryan is out of the house. "You saw us get closer to each other. You saw us sit on the couch. Did you not expect one of us to show affection?" I ask with my arms crossed.

"Jordan, you could get sick," Ashley says with a tiny bit of worry in his voice. "This could be deadly for you. He cannot come over anymore, okay? At least not for awhile." I turn away from Ashley.

"Jordan, I'm doing what's best for you," Ashley insists. "Yeah, okay," I reply dully, "can I go to my room now?" Ashley just nods. I get up from the couch and go to my room.

I immediately sit down at my desk. I go to YouTube and search "RuPaul Season Nine." I see the first episode and click on it. It's about as long as a regular TV show.

Eureka throws lots of shade on Jaymes. What the fuck did Jaymes do to deserve this? "No! No! No!" I scream at my computer, "Eureka, you may be from Tennessee, but you cannot be so rude! Girl!" I catch myself talking feminine. God... I haven't done this since my obsession with Jeffree Star.

"Jordan?" Ashley asks from the doorway as Jaymes is told he lost the lips sync battle with Kimora. "Dammit!" I yell. "Jordan?" Ashley asks again. I turn around, "Sorry." "What are you watching?" he asks. "RuPaul's Drag Race," I reply, "Brian recommended it."

"Okay then," Ashley says, "just making sure you were okay." He walks out of my room. He's probably still convinced that I'll get sick. Come on; my immune system can't be that weak... Right?