Hey Doll

It's been one day. My temperature is 100.1° Fahrenheit. I can't keep anything down. I'm really tired. I got myself sick. All because I got worried.

"How are you feeling?" Mom asks as she walks into my room.

"My stomach is really sore and I'm freezing," I reply.

"You definitely have influenza. At least it's not something worse like pneumonia," Mom says, "you should be better soon. You got sick with influenza when you were four and you recovered in a week. You just have to rest and take your medicine. When your stomach settles, you can try to eat or drink something."

I nod slowly. Mom gives me a pity filled look. I close my eyes; hopefully I can fall asleep. Sleep will probably help me get better.

....

A few hours later, I feel a little bit better. I decide to go on my laptop. I go onto Twitter. I go to my direct messages and message Brian. I say: "hey. your boy is sick. :'("

It takes awhile for me to get a response. "BABE! DON'T EVER RISK YOUR LIFE FOR ME AGAIN. I'm just a normal human. I can die and it won't matter. If you died, people would be sad."

"I guess..." I text in reply, "who would actually miss me???"

"Me." Brian responds.

Of course he would. He's my boyfriend. We love each other. At least I hope we do.

"Really???" I quickly type and hit send.

"Yes c:" he replies.

"come to my window," I tell him. I look over at his house. — It's easy; my room has a lot of windows, remember? — I see him through his window. He's leaving his room. I smile to myself. I'll get to see Brian. He'll probably make me feel better.

I see him jogging across his lawn, then my lawn. He gets the ladder and sets it up against the house. It's a miracle no one has caught him yet! He begins climbing up to my window.

I get out of bed. I ignore the fact that I'm freezing and go to the window. I open it so Brian and I can talk.

"Jordan, you scared me yesterday," he says, "why would you do that?"

"I love you, okay? I don't want people messing with you," I reply.

"And I don't want you to be sick. This is dangerous for you, even if it is just the flu or something," Brian says.

I sigh and look at him. He's right. I've heard this all my life. It doesn't affect any less. I hate being reminded. I don't want to remember that fact that I could die at any second if I got sick with even the most harmless disease like the common cold.

"Let's change the subject," I say, "how have you been?"

"Okay, I guess," Brian replies, "you?"

"Tired, cold, sore, and nauseas," I say, "it hasn't been fun. I haven't been able to eat or drink anything all day."

"I wish I could take it away. I wish it were me that had severe immunodeficiency, not you," Brian says, "and I mean that."

"You don't," I reply, "you honestly don't."

He gives me a caring look. He gently presses his lips against mine. I quickly pull away. "Sorry, I just don't want you to get sick," I say.

"I don't care if I do," he replies, "I just want to kiss you."

I smile at him, "You cheesy idiot. You need to go, okay?"

"Okay," he replies, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

He climbs down the ladder. He takes the ladder and runs to his house. He will be caught doing this one day. Then, we'll both be in big trouble.