Notes

June P.O.V.

I should really get some furniture for up here. I walk down into the kitchen and grab my phone.

Message from Kaede, what does she want?

June. I know that this is going to sound weird for a while until you understand. But it was not your fault. I understand the consequences of what is happening and I have thought this through. I'm so sorry for any pain that this causes to you. But before I go there's something you should know. I wasn't mad because you were paying too much attention to Day. You actually did amazing at spending time with all of your friends. There will be a note on my desk in an envelope. Go to my house tomorrow to get it. Your name should be on it. There should also be one for Baxter. -Kaede

What. Was. That?

Wait a minute, did she say before I go? Kaede!!

I run out the door of my house, Kaede lives about ten blocks away but I don't think I can focus enough to drive there. I run.

The farther I get from my house the more nervous I get about what could happen. I don't know what to do.

I knock on the door to her house. Her mom answers.

"Can I talk to Kaede?" I ask.

"I'll go get her." Her mom says. She comes back down in five minutes with tears in her eyes, Oh no. It's worse than I thought.

"She's uh, she's hung herself." Her morn breaks down into tears.

After a few minutes I speak. "Um I'm terribly sorry but Kaede told me to get an envelope off her desk. She said there would be one for Baxter and one with my name. She said to take both."

Her mom nods. "There are people on their way for the um body. Please, Either you can go up to her room and get it or we can wait until she isn't there anymore. I can't go in there again." She says crying again. A tear rolls down Iny face but I need to stay strong because I know that Kaede's mom can't.

••••••

I walk up the stairs into the familiar look of Kaede's messy room. I grab the two envelopes and leave as fast as I can. This is awful. Why Kaede?

I walk back to my house and leave the envelopes on my dresser. I have to tell Day and then maybe I'll read it.

Come over here now. It's important!!! -Me

On my way -Day

Day gets here in about five minutes.

He sits beside me on the floor where I'm looking at the envelopes.

"What's wrong?" Day asks. I sit up and face him with a few tears in my eyes. Gosh I must seem like such a crybaby.

"Kaede committed suicide." I say and some more tears roll down my face. Day puts his arms around me and I sit closer to him.

"I'm sorry." He says. "This is all my fault."

"How is any of this even remotely your fault?" I ask.

"Go to my recent texts with her." He says.

"Okay." I say.

Sorry about that sour text earlier. I was just angry at June. She loves you and would never ditch you. That's it. - Kaede

I'm not really sure how I should respond to this but I guess, I forgive you?-Day

You didn't show June, did you?-Kaede