Little Toy Guns

Day P.O.V.

I plug my camera in. I've just gotten back from the beach, I was taking pictures of the ocean.

Today is June's family's Christmas party.

I walk into the kitchen and my parents are eating the leftover cinnamon rolls with Eden, who is on his phone.

"Talking to Tess?" I question.

"No." He says blushing. I look over his shoulder.

"Ooh. Heart emojis." I say.

"Daniel, stop harassing your brother." My dad says.

I sit down. "Yeah Daniel, stop harassing me." Eden says.

I grab a cinnamon roll and shove it in my mouth. I love cinnamon rolls.

"Okay so today we are going to go to your aunt's while you are at June's. Make sure that you come home by 9pm." My dad says.

"Okay," I say.

"Also, tell June that she should really stop posting pictures of guns because it's starting to look really suspicious." My mom says. I laugh.

"Yeah she's a bit obsessed. She just went shooting yesterday."

"That's scary." Eden says. Honestly I'm into it. Like I'm glad she does that. Scares off creeps. Even if it may make some people think she is one.

"Eh. She's not that scary." I say.

"When you guys are married in ten years. Good luck telling her that." My mom says. I roll my eyes.

"I'm gonna go." I say grabbing another cinnamon roll.

I run out the door and get in my car.
As soon as I get to June's I run inside.

June is sitting at the counter playing around with a toy gun. She's loved guns since she was little. I remember when we were 13.

Flashback land:

I feel a light poke in my back. I turn around to June.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." She says smiling, she's holding a nerf gun and I can tell she just shot me with it.

"I know you're lying. I can see the gun June." She laughs.

"Oh this. This is fake." She says.

I face palm. "Yes. I'm aware of that June. What I was saying is that you have that gun in your hands." She drops it.

"Not anymore." She says. Mrs. Iparis walks into the room.

"June, put your guns away. I'd really rather you not play with Metias' toys. Play with your own." Mrs. Iparis says.

"Mine are boring. Besides, you know Metias hates these toys." June responds.

"Fine. But when your friends come over later at least pretend to like your toys."

"Mom, I've told you. Day's my best friend. I don't need you to set up playdates for me." She says. I smile.

Flashback land over.

"Hey Day." June says. She pulls up the gun and shoots me with a plastic dart.
I dramatically fall over.

"Get up idiot." She says walking over to me.

"Idiot?" She asks. I reach my arm up and pull her down. She lands on top of I6.

"Hey." She says awkwardly.

"Hi June." She presses her lips to mine and quickly pulls away, likely because her parents are near. She gets up and helps me.

"Hi Day." Nadia says. "Hi Merry Christmas!"

"You too." We walk into the living room.

"Why did you come here so early?" June asks.

"I don't know. My family was going to leave and go to my aunt's house soon."

"I was bored anyways." She says shrugging.

June and I sit down at the table. We are with Daisy and a bunch of her other cousins. Daisy is currently showing them all how to play whatever game she wants to play.

"Okay so you have to spin in a circle." She says. She does so and falls over. June and I laugh.

"Oh, I never gave you your Christmas gift. Let me go grab it." June says. She runs upstairs.

Daisy runs up to me. "Hi! Did you see me fall?" She asks.

"Yes I did. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. But I don't want to do that again."

"Okay." I say.

"I'm back." June says sitting down next to me.

"Hi June!" Daisy says excitedly.

"Hi Daisy. How are you?"

"I'm good. But I fell." She walks away back to the other kids.

"She's so cute." June says.

I open the present. Basically it's all of my favorite candy. She also gave me some sweats and the movie Romiet and Julio.

"Thanks sweetheart." I say.

I open some sour patch kids and hand her a few. She Smiles and eats them. I grab a red one and pop it in my mouth.

I put my arm around her waist and pull her closer to me. She puts her head on my shoulder after kissing my cheek.

"Want to stay and help me clean up?" June asks.

"Sure." I say rolling my eyes.

"We have to clean my toy room. And then you want to go to the roof? I got furniture up there now."

"Okay," I say.

We walk into the toy room. She has pictures scattered everywhere. Mostly of the two of us, some of her and Kaede, and a lot of her and Metias.

We begin organizing them. I come across a picture of me and her at Disney. We went there the summer before sixth grade.

"Remember this?" I ask showing the picture of us on Splash Mountain.

"Yeah. You almost puked. You grabbed onto my arm and wouldn't let go. I had scratches on my arm for a month." She says.

"Way to find the negative side of things." I say jokingly.

"Whatever." She says sticking her tongue out at me.

After a few minutes June shows me a picture from our fifth grade dance.

"Oh that was so awkward." I say.

"I know right. Carrie Was so annoying. Like you had already broken up."

"Ooh. Was June jealous?"

"No. Was I? I don't know."

We finish organizing the photos about ten minutes later.

"You want to go to the roof?" June asks.

"Sure." I say.

We walk up to the roof and sit on the couch facing the ocean.

"This is so pretty." I say.

"Yeah." June says.

I pull her into my lap and kiss the top of her head.

I say. "Merry Christmas love."

A/N: thanks for reading! My summer break starts tomorrow at noonish so I'll hopefully be able to update more. Vote and comment!

-Ava