Chapter 4 - Quitting

After your chat with Jack, you decided it was best to talk to Christina. She wasn't gonna be okay, of course she wasn't. At the end of the day, she was your best friend, who was there through the heartache and tears. 

"Christina, can I talk to you?" You fiddled with your fingers as you entered the kitchen. She looked up from her phone and came over to you.

"What's up?" She smiled, but her smile faded when she saw how serious your face was. Jack went into the kitchen with the other boys while you once again went back outside. 

"What's going on Y/N?" Christina asked.

"I'm gonna be honest with you because I know that's the best way to say this. I'm gonna move back here." You sighed, Christina didn't say anything but she had a slight smirk planted on her lips.

"I know silly." Your eyes creased together, confused.

"I knew as soon as we walked through that door, you wouldn't come back. Of course I'm not mad, I'm your best friend for crying out loud. It's gonna completely suck that now you're quitting everything you worked hard for, and I know our dorm room is gonna be so quiet, but I know you'd drop anything for the boys, especially that one." She turned and looked at Jack who was laughing along with all of the boys.

"I don't deserve you. Seriously, you don't know how special you are to me." You whispered, wrapping your arms around her. 

"You've always got to remember how proud I am of you, and if this is your decision, I'm going to support it, despite how emotional it is when you're not gonna be around." She told you.

"And now I can be a little less paranoid when it comes to Corbyn." You both laughed. The sun was beginning to set, and it had certainly been a long day, but to get things over and done with quicker, you were gonna call up the university. It was going to be a struggle, as they had to send all of your coursework over and the only issue would be the rest of your things back in the dorm. To be fair, you had packed most of your room for this one trip so there wouldn't be that much.

"What do you ladies think we should do tonight?" Corbyn asked.

"What were you thinking of doing?" You asked.

"The plan originally, like before you guys got here was that we were gonna go to the grove, grab some food and maybe watch a movie, but considering we are gentleman, it can be your choice." Daniel said. 

"I honestly don't mind, Y/N what do you think?" Christina questioned you. All eyes were on you now.

"Before we do anything, did y'all keep my car in the garage or did you get rid of it?" You asked them all. 

"Babe, why would we get rid of it?" Jack laughed.

"Well in that case, Daniel has his license so four in one car, three in the other. The other car can follow behind me, I have the perfect place." You smiled, there was a hideout place that only Jack knew about, but no one else apart from you had been to it. 

"I need to make a quick phone call but everyone get ready." You told them all. They all rushed off, while you took a seat on the couch.

"Lets do this." You mumbled to yourself, dialing the universities number. Within three rings, someone had picked up.

"Hello FIT University managing assistant here, how may I help you?" The all too familiar voice spoke through the phone. 

"Hey Sophie, it's Y/N." You spoke. Sophie was one of the many people who made your time at FIT more enjoyable and worth it. She would always be there to talk when you felt down, and you loved her like a second mother.

"Y/N! How's California? What about Jack? Are y'all still together?" She spoke excitedly through the phone. 

"It's amazing as always. Jacks fine and yeah we're still together. Are you free to talk?" You asked.

"Glad to hear darlin', and I'm always free to talk, what's up? When are you coming back? I miss you." This was going to be more sad for her then anything. 

"That's the thing Sophie, I'm not coming back. I need to cancel my course, I'm moving back out here." The phone-call went silent for a few seconds. 

"Are you okay Sophie?" You asked her.

"It's just, you were a highlight to my job Y/N. I could be having one heck of a day and when you and Christina come in from a day of classes and just rant, it honestly makes me happy. You know I'm not going to be angry at you, because I could never get mad at you but all of that hard work you have put into your cosmetology coursework, it's like it was a complete waste." You could tell she was crying, and it broke you.

"Please don't cry Sophie, I'm doing this for me. I'm gonna need all of my books, coursework and portfolios sent out here though. I'm sure I can apply for somewhere else, or do something in life where I did all of this work for a purpose." You told her. 

"Okay Y/N, I will cancel everything and take you off of the registration documents. I cannot believe I'm letting this slide so easily, but you're growing up, I can't make these type of decisions for you. You have my number, call me whenever you need me, I'll always be there for you. I'll make sure all of your work is sent to you, just email me an address." She sighed.

"I will Sophie, and I won't let you down. Thank-you for everything." You thanked her, finding yourself get slightly emotional. 

"Never thank me doll, stay safe, this is the real world now. I'll see you around honey." Then the phone line went dead. You put your phone in your pocket and got up, not realizing everyone was ready and waiting on you.

"You okay Y/N?" Christina asked.

"Yeah, Sophie was crying. She's taking me off of the records and cancelling my courses, for good." You said. Christina gave you a sympathetic look.

"She'll come to grips with it, I'll make sure I keep her company. She's just worried for you, that's all." 

"I know she is. Now let's get going, those in favor of driving with me, raise your hands." You told them. All of their hands shot up.

"I promise I'm totally offended." Daniel pouted. 

"Right, Zach and Jonah with Daniel, Jack, Corbyn and Christina with me. Daniel has a smaller car." You walked over to the draw where your car keys were always left and then headed out of the front door. 

"I call shotgun!" Jack and Jonah both shouted at the same time. 

"Dude!" Zach nudged Jonah in annoyance. Corbyn pressed the remote on the button to open the garage and it revealed multiple cars. Yours was a range rover so it was rather spacious, however due to Daniel sometimes being a nervous driver, decided to purchase a ford focus. 

"Don't go to fast Seavey." You laughed while unlocking the car.

"I'm gonna let that one slide." He grinned getting in his car. 

"Seat-belts everybody. Lets go." You smiled, slightly excited to drive the car. The car was a little rusty with switching on and the gas was low so you were going to drive to the gas station first.

"Can one of you text Jonah or Zach and tell them to tell Daniel we need to stop at a gas station." You told them while settling off through the hills. 

"On it." Corbyn announced. 

"I've missed you." Jack whispered, grabbing your hand that was driving and interlocking it with him.

"I've missed you too." You smiled, happy you had finally been reunited with him again.