Chapter 31 - Family Fairwell

The boys had done a few more shows and now it was their last one of the tour in Pennsylvania before they moved onto another state. Your car had thankfully been driven back to California. Yourself, Jack, Christina, Kristin and your grandma had planned the majority of the wedding plans. Everyone was backstage while the guys did sound check.

"So Y/N, what exactly have you planned?" Your brother asked. This question made Isla, Aspen, Sydnie and Ava come over, considering they didn't really know the plans either.

"We all fly to Hawaii three days before the wedding so then we can also get a little vacation out of it. Then you will stay an extra two days while Jack and I go on our honeymoon." You started off and their faces lit up.

"Have you chosen your dress?" Aspen asked, taking the list of guests from you.

"I have a few picked out and I'm getting it in New York and the girls from my dorm will be with me." You told her.

"What about your bridesmaids, how many of them are you having?" Isla grinned.

"Isla, I was going to ask if you wanted to be the flower girl?" You asked her and she screamed in excitement.

"Of course I will!" She ran circles in the room making you laugh. You ushered Kristin over so she could be apart of the conversation.

"What are y'all talking about?" She asked.

"Well, my answer to Islas question is four. I would like to have four bridesmaids as Jack is having four best men." You continued.

"Ava, Sydnie and Kristin, how would you feel about being the bridesmaids?" You bit your lip nervously until the three of them jumped up and wrapped their arms around you.

"Now, I know dresses in the heat are gonna be a pain but you only have to wear them until the ceremony is done and then you can change into anything you want." You reassured them.

"Whose the fourth bridesmaid?" Your brother asked you and that's when you turned to Aspen.

"Seriously Y/N?" She gasped, slightly shocked.

"One hundred percent." You smiled and now it was her turn to hug you.

"Christina is the maid of honour. You're the bridesmaids. Jonah, Corbyn, Zach and Daniel are the best men. Isla is the flower girl. Mitchell is taking the roll of walking me down the aisle." You finished off.

"Who made the final decision?" Sydnie asked taking the guest list from Aspen and looking through it herself.

"Surprisingly it was a joint agreement this time around." You admitted. You could tell she was extremely worried and protective over her younger brother getting married at just 18, and what sister wouldn't be.

"I just don't want you two to make the mistake of doing this so early on in life." She confessed.

"It's a big step." You breathed out.

"I understand and with university and stuff, it's gonna consume a lot of your time. Look, I'm not doubting you Y/N, I would and could never do that. You are the best lady he could have and I think the entire family can agree, I just don't want you guys to rush into things. But, I do go by the quote it's now or never." She told you.

"I couldn't agree more Syd." The time had reached 7:30 and the boys were now performing. You decided to chill backstage with your brother.

"Before you go head over heels into this planning." Mitchell started off but was shortly stopped.

"She's already done that." Christina joked making your brother laugh.

"You've gotta understand something. I am honoured to take you down the aisle, as any brother would be." You knew exactly where this conversation was going.

"But I don't know whether I'm gonna be there or not." He finished off, you were sad of course but never angry.

"It's okay Mitch, you've gotta do what you've gotta do." You have him a reassuring smile and he wrapped his arms around you.

"Tonight is my last night with you for a long while Y/N and I'm not the one to cry but I hate leaving you." You looked up and his eyes were watering. You reached up and dried his tears with your thumb.

"Crying is an emotion my darling brother, it doesn't make you a wimp. You might not be there physically but mentally you will be. Don't be upset." You comfortingly rubbed his arm.

"But If I do make it, I think I'm gonna ask one of your bridesmaids to be my date." He whispered, looking over at Aspen.

"Go for it lil brother, you two so have feelings for each other." You pinched his cheeks and he hugged you again and your grandmother came over and joined.

"You two are the light to my world. You do me so proud." She kissed both of your temples.

"We love you Mar." You and your brother said at the same time.

"And I love you more. Mitchell we have to leave in fifteen minutes after the boys are done with their show." She informed him and he frowned slightly.

"You get to go back to New York Y/N, that's wonderful." She continued, looking back at you.

"I know but it means a month away from everyone. I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays but they last like five hours each so that sucks." You groaned at the thought of your timetable.

"You have an amazing skill at cosmetology though sweetheart, you'll ace your final exam for the year and then you can fly back to California or maybe even here and do the final two months of planning." You nodded, she definitely had words of wisdom. You took a bunch of photos with them before the boys came back.

"Well that's our queue." Mitchell sighed, his head falling down.

"Hey, don't be sad. You're doing amazing Mitchell. As your big sister I know that your career path has made you realise your priorities and how greatfull you are for everything. So be safe okay?" You told him and he nodded, hugging you tightly and resting his head on your shoulder.

"I love you my soldier." You whispered into his ear and gave him a kiss on his head.

"Mar, call me when you need me, I'll be on the first flight as you know, I love you so much." You hugged her as the women who had so much strength began crying.

"Don't cry Mar." She hugged you with everything.

"I love you my darling." She kissed your cheek and you knew she'd call you as soon as she saw her pair of Gucci heels at her doorstep. You said your goodbyes to your family as well as Jacks family and to say it was emotional was an understatement.

"That was one sad family farewell." David muttered from the corner of the room.

"Lets get this show on the road. We have two days and then you're all left to your own devices. Christina and I have classes to attend." You told them all.