Chapter 4

"Look there they are!" some might have called the Ghostbusters stalkers but this was all for the sake of solving the mystery that was Danny Phantom. Amity Park only had one high school so they were hiding in the bushes as the final bell rang looking for the two kids they had seen last night.

Egon looked over at where Winston was pointing. "Yep that's them. But who' that black haired boy they're with?"

Ray waved him off "Probably just another one of their friends. Maybe he knows Phantom too!"

The four of them walked out of their hiding spot and went over to the teens.

~time skip~

"Danny look!" Sam pointed at the men walking towards them "That's the guys from last night!"

Tucker bit his lip "Do you think they figured it out?"

"Shh!" Danny sent him a look as they got closer "Stay quiet."

"Hello my name is Peter Venkmen!" he held out his hand to Sam who refused to take it. "Ah well... these are my associates Ray, Egon, and Winston. We're called the Ghostbusters. What are your names?"

Tucker glared at them "Why should we tell you?"

"Well..." Egon pushed his glasses up "We already saw the two of you last night with your ah... friend..." he wasn't sure if the other boy knew about Phantom.

Sam sighed deeming it safe to at least tell them their first names. After all they had already been recognized. "It's ok Danny knows about last night. I'm Sam and this is Tucker. If you've come here to threaten our friend then..."

"Whoa hold up!" Ray raised his arms. "We actually came here to apologize. We were sent here to do a job and we clearly did not ask enough questions. We believed him when your ghost friend said he was only trying to help."

"Oh..." Sam's glare lessened a bit "Really?"

Winston nodded "Yes. But we would like to know one thing. Why does the GIW want him captured so badly?"

"Because they want to experiment on him." They jumped a bit when they realized that it was the new boy Danny who had spoken. "he's different than other ghosts and they want to find out why." That poor ghost. Not only did he die young but now he was constantly on the run for the rest of his after life? that was wrong.

"Did you say your name was Danny?" he turned to Egon and nodded "Hmm... wasn't your friend's name Danny as well?"

Sam jumped in before things could get bad "Yes it is. The four of us were friends before... before he died..." fake tears started to shimmer in his eyes "He was homeless so no one missed him when he passed. No one even acknowledged that he died..." Danny laid a hand on her shoulder as she fake sobbed behind her hands. Even Tucker had tears in his eyes. The three of them had become really good actors.

"I'm very sorry about your friend." Peter looked to the other three "I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we would like to bring down the GIW. Ghost hunters should not experiment on them. They were people too once. We believe that what they are doing is wrong and we would like your help to fix it." the three glanced at each other then nodded. Peter grinned. Those dumb government agents would never know what hit them!

(A/N - Happy almost Halloween!)