Chapter 14

Beatrice's POV

I tell Harry everything. My brother having diabetes, my moms heart attack and Julia. I couldn't bring up my mom and her short time. I cried all through-out my story. He listened and wiped away my tears. He wrapped his arms around me and held me until I stopped crying.

I didn't even notice it though. I felt like my whole body was numb. I was a boulder and I wasn't going to move. After I stopped crying Harry gets a call from Julia. He goes over to the elevator. I can't hear what their talking about but I'm really curious.

He's really mad when he comes back. "I have to leave,I'm so sorry. I'll see you on Monday." What just happened? What did Julia just say to him? It's always her. She ruins everything. The restaurant. The movies. The doctor interrupts my thoughts and says we are allowed to go in to see our mother. I rush into the room.

She looks the same, when I first came here. Her eyes are still closed. There are less needles and she's breathing at a more regular pace. I turn to check on Roberto and Raymond. They are both talking to the nurse. I sit on the bed right next to my mom.

She's been with me my whole life I couldn't bear to lose her. Suddenly the door burst open. "Mary, we have an emergency!" The nurses rush out and suddenly I realize that Roberto is gone.