Chapter 5

As I swam, I willed myself dry. Making sure my cast didn't get wet. I swam to the beach about a mile from camp. I reached shore and sat on the sand. The last of my tears fell. I looked out at the sea. This was my home. I just wish I could stay under the sea all day. No problems. No brother, no people period. No one to make me regret every breath I take.

I knew I wouldn't go back to camp tonight, so I headed to the apartment. All I could think was Percy couldn't pay more attention to me. He missed 13 years of my life, I was abused for years, and I cut myself. How could he act like he's known me for my entire life.

Soon later, I was at the apartment. I walked in and asked my mom, "Can I go to Goode next year?" I was going to be a freshman next year and I want to go to a real school.

"Oh, hello Aqua," My mother said without answering my question.

"Can I?" I asked again.

"Let me think about it," She said. I went to the roof, knowing 'let me think about it' usually meant 'no.' I wanted to go to a real school for once. I wanted to try and make real friends. Interrupting my thoughts, Percy came up the fire escape.

"You okay?" He asked when he reached me.

"Yeah. Just perfect," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" Percy asked.

"Nothing. It's just I don't want to go to camp but mom's basically forcing me to," I said. It was an entire lie. I really didn't want to go to camp.

"Why don't you like it there? I'm there," He said joking around a bit.

"Oh, yeah. Like I see you a lot at camp. When you aren't eating or sleeping, your with Annabeth. Yep, I love seeing you there," I said, with a bit more anger than I thought. Before Percy could respond, I went to the ledge of the building. You know what I was grateful for? The pool right next to our building. I stepped off the ledge and fell. I heard Percy yell for a second before he too realized their was a pool. As soon as my body hit the water, I created an air bubble around me. I dived to the very bottom of the pool and sat on there. I was praying Percy wouldn't come after me. I prayed and prayed until I realized he wasn't even on the roof anymore. I got out and headed to the ocean, my home. The only place I feel safe and calm.

I basically ran, when as fast as I could with a cast. As I got closer to the sea, I became more and more relaxed. When my foot hit the water, I felt like I was in a dream. Nothing could interrupt me.

But I knew that wasn't true when I heard, "Aqua?" I turned to see Clarisse. "Why aren't you in camp?" She continued.

"Nobody gets did, do they? That's your home, not mine. There are places on this Earth that some people don't belong," I said. Everyone thought of Clarisse as mean and terrible. I thought of her as a regular girl that can kill you in a second. She was one of the few people I could talk to.

We started talking about random things and I don't know how, but she got me back me at camp. I went straight to my cabin, hoping Percy wasn't there. As always, Percy wasn't in the cabin and I went to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and took out my knife. One slash in my arm and there was blood every where. I cleaned everything up and wrapped my arm, stopping the bleeding. I heard a knock on the door, but I stayed where I was. I didn't want to see anyone. I didn't need anyone. My fatal flaw is that I don't trust anyone. I depend on myself because of that. I'm a lot tougher than I look just because of my flaw.

"Aqua, please come out," I heard. It was Thalia, I could tell. I didn't come out. I waited till I knew she was gone. I could not stand being with everyone. I unlocked the bathroom and ran to the cabin door without looking. Suddenly, I bump into something. I look up to see Percy.

"Where are you going?" He asked, worried. Probably cause I was holding my wrist and blood was dripping onto the floor.

"Out. Now let me out," I said, almost in tears. Before I could react, Percy grabbed my arm and my wrist was exposed.

"Why in Hades are you doing this?" Percy basically screamed. Tear were flowing from my eyes now.

"Just leave me alone!" I screamed as I push Percy away. I shoot out of the cabin and dash to the ocean, not wanting to go back to camp. Once I made it to the ocean, I flipped suicide through my mind many times.