Chapter 14

Hello lovely readers! Can I just say thank you so so so much?! I've reached over 400 reads and I am so thankful! I hope if you are reading that you like the story & I would love to hear more of your thoughts! I know the last chapter was short, so enjoy these flashbacks! 

October 1943

Unknown HYDRA Base

Lovell Quinn Dame

For the past few days, Lovell had been kept in solitary confinement on a lower level within the HYDRA Base, away from the other prisoners. Away from James...

But after another U.S. regiment had been taken just like James', her captors elected to move her back to where they kept the other prisoners that were tested on most often.  

"Elle...Elle, can you hear me?" 

Lovell woke up to the familiar darkness of a cell at the sound of her name. She remembered vaguely the guards coming into her solitary confinement cell and grabbing her roughly but she couldn't recall where she was. She sat up and turned towards the direction the voice was coming from and gasped. 

"James," She whispered breathlessly, turning to face him completely, "I never thought I'd see you again." There he was. James. Smiling a half-smile at her, blue eyes sparkling despite his matted hair, body pressed up close to the bars between them and- 

She couldn't believe it. The guards had put her in the cell next to James'. She stood up suddenly, wanting to touch him but she was overcome with anxiety. The last time they had seen each other, Lovell had just murdered two guards. 

"James, I don't...I don't know what to say, how to explain...what happened the last time you saw me-" Lovell began before James cut her off. 

"None of that now, doll. I'm just glad to see you're okay and alive," James said encouragingly and Lovell walked closer to him, wrapping her fingers gently around his, "You did what you had to do to survive and I want you to keep doing that." Lovell closed her eyes gently and leaned her head forward, her forward gently touching James' nose. 

"How are we ever going to get out of here, James?" She whispered. James huffed a laugh and pulled away to look Lovell in the eyes. 

"I don't know, doll. Seems like you're not just a dame in distress," At the joke, Lovell raised an eyebrow and James laughed, "It's true! You literally handled two of those asshole likes nothin'! I wish I'd seen it with my own two eyes!"  Lovell chuckled lightly but continued to avoid James' eyes. 

"I don't know if I could do that again, James...Witches aren't supposed to take life, we're support to protect it and nature. Taking lives are for vampires...and sometimes werewolves," Lovell said and she felt James stand upright. 

"Huh?! You're telling me all that stuff is real?!" The shocked look in James' eyes made her want to laugh. 

"Yes, they're all...real. And quite complicated and a little unpleasant, truthfully," Lovell admitted, shrugging softly. James suddenly pulled away and lied down on the cot in his cell, arms behind his head.

"Well, roommate, we've got all the time in the world it seems. Convince me all this stuff is real. And then we'll go over the plan to get out of this plan," James said and Lovell snorted before she sat down on her own cot and began to tell James the story of the first werewolves and the Original Witch and Original Vampires. 

James and Lovell were never able to execute their plan together as a little over a week later, James was rescued by Captain America, Agent Carter, and Howard Stark.