Chapter 23

Avengers Compound

June 20th, 2016

Lovell

"Wait, so now all of the Avengers know about us?"

"Well not you specifically, just supernaturals in general," Lovell explained to Iris exasperatedly. After all the Avengers besides Hawkeye, Thor, and Hulk had gathered to watch Lovell's story yesterday, there were a lot of questions.

Many of them were wary of her, but she was overall accepted into the group, especially because of her relationship with Tony. James managed to fit in better than expected and was actually bonding with Sam Wilson, mostly through jokes and jabs. Lovell was currently in her and James' temporary room at the Compound trying to gather her resources. And her resources were the Munchkins.

"Of course. That's what I meant. So, what do you need?" Iris asked, confused. Lovell sighed. The problem was that she never wanted to put her Munchkins in danger. But, if she didn't involve them, they would be at risk anyway.

"I need you and the rest of the Munchkins to come to New York. To help the Avengers,"

"Hell yeah! We're in!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Any new information?" Lovell asked as she walked up to Tony a few hours later, who was currently in his lab trying to find HYDRA's Headquarters.

"The vamp you brought in only said "Headquarters" before passing out. So I don't have much to work with. I'm assuming he hadn't been given blood in a while," Tony said as he typed on his computer.

"Most likely. HYDRA used to starve me to get me to obey," Lovell said casually and she missed Tony's shocked look thrown her way.

"Sheesh. You're really open about that," Tony mumbled and Elle smiled, leaning against the desk.

"I've come to terms with it. Before I used to suffer, because I knew that I had left behind my only love. But now that he's here with me, I feel no sadness over what happened," Elle explained and Tony looked down.

"You can't forgive him," Elle realized, "It would be hard for me too."

"But if I can't forgive him, it'll only tear the team apart," Tony defended.

"The team obviously wasn't a team unless all the teammates were honest with each other. If you can't trust someone with your wellbeing and emotions, how can you trust them to watch your back in battle?" Tony sat there looking all kinds of shocked and confused.

"Sir, it appears I have found a base near where we told. It is carved into the Swiss Alps and the easiest access is by air travel. The headquarters itself are located five hundred feet below the surface," F.R.I.D.A.Y. said, breaking the silence. Elle walked closer to the screen, recognition flashing on her face.

"That's where James and I were held. That's where they took me when I was kidnapped."

"Good work, baby girl. Alert the rest of the team. It's time to suit up," Tony said before clapping his hands. He went to stand up but Elle shot him a glare.

"Look, I'll talk to him later. Ask him why he wasn't honest with me. He's my friend, Elle," Tony explained.

"Fine. But if he's mean again, I have no problems snapping Captain America's neck."