Chapter 20

MIT

May 6th, 2016

Tony Stark

"Going up?" Asks a confused Tony Stark, who had just finished his presentation of B.A.R.F. at MIT.

"I'm right where I want to be," Answers the African-American woman who had been standing in front of the elevators prior to Tony's arrival. She reaches into her purse quickly and Tony grabs her hand, mistaking it to be a gun she is about to pull from her purse. He whispers a quick "Sorry" when he realizes his mistake. The woman then grabs his hand.

"It's alright Mr. Stark. A gun is the least of your worries. You see, my son, well, he was a good man. A good young man who didn't deserve to die. But that's exactly what happened when you dropped a building on him in Sokovia," The woman explains and Tony begins to offer apologies and move away but her tight grip persists.

"I do not seek apologies Mr. Stark. Witches only seek balance in nature. Revenge as you may like to call it," The woman whispers harshly before she begins chanting

"Torsion fou mort de l'espirit. Torsion fou mort de l'espirit. Torsion fou mort de l'espirit."

But Tony Stark can do nothing but black out from the pain.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bucharest, Romania

Lovell Quinn Dame

June 18th, 2016

Elle, as Parker now referred to herself after 2 years on the run, was quite happy just lying in bed, basking in the sunlight streaming in from the open balcony doors. She closed her eyes briefly, her senses filled with the sounds and smells of Bucharest's most bustling street below, Calea Victoriei. Some have described it as Bucharest's 5th Avenue. Elle was about to fall back to sleep when she heard a loud meowing.

"Ha hai pisoi!" Elle mumbled in Romanian, throwing a hand over her eyes,"Did your father forget to feed you?"

Elle sat up, now fully awake, before wrapping the sheets around her naked form. She leaned over and grabbed her white robe with pink flowers from the floor and proceeded to put it on. Pulling her now long auburn hair behind her, she shuffled over to the wide balcony, where there is a small wooden table and chairs set up and flowers everywhere. And right on top of the table is a small, purring Balinese kitten.

"You little minx, on the table? Get down from there. I know your paws are dirty," Elle reprimanded as she tapped the table with two fingers. The kitten jumped down and followed into the apartment as Elle headed into the small, bright yellow kitchen. Elle smiled when she saw the figure at the counter and she gently wrapped her arms around him, leaning her head into his neck.

"You're not going to bite me, are you doll?" James asked as he placed down his cup of black coffee. Elle smiled and playfully nipped at her lover's neck. She let go of him and walked over to the other side of the counter to prepare her own cup of coffee.

"If I wanted to bite you, trust me, you would know, darling...and you would enjoy it," Elle winked as flashed her fangs quickly at James.

Now, you may be confused. James? As in James Buchanan Barnes? Presumed KIA best friend of Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain America? Brainwashed Winter Soldier? Yes. Yes, indeed. You see, Elle had known James, as she preferred to call him, since she had been kidnapped by HYDRA back in 1943. Which had happened when she was still a human and James hadn't been brainwashed and was oh, so many years ago.