Chapter 9

Chapter 9-

"George!" Angelina gasped, running over to my bed, "How are you feeling? Oh, stupid question! It's a bit obvious..." she said whilst looking at all my cuts and bruises.

"Your Mum sent me an owl literally 10 minutes ago so I Apparated here immediately, even though I only live down the road! I could have walked, but..."

I looked up at her dazzling brown eyes and smiled at her. A tear trickled down her cheek; was she crying?

Well, of course she was.

Does she really care about me that much?

"I'm really sorry I wasn't here this morning, George. I left The Burrow before the accident..."

"It's okay."

"You poor thing. How did you... get all of those?" she asked, pointing at all of my injuries.

If I told her who did it, she might not believe me and that would be another person added to the list entitled 'George is mental'.

"Umm- I think I, er, tripped over..." I answered, but when I realised how stupid that sounded, I decided to tell the truth, just hoping she would believe me. "Okay. It was Rodolphus Lestrange. And before you say he's dead, he's not! He was in our garden and he hit me with three spells."

I knew it was too good to be true.

She just stared at me as if I was mental, if I was making this up...

"Are you sure, George? On the Daily Prophet it says he's dead. Well, he might be." she said, a concerned look on her face.

"Don't worry. No one believes me, I just as well stop telling the truth." I said, looking away. The one person who I thought would believe me was Angelina, but I guess I was wrong.

Well... Was I wrong?

"George... Why wouldn't I believe you? You're my best friend." she said, but quickly cut off when she said 'best friend'.

"Really? You believe me?" I asked, just to assure myself that all of this was real, not my imagination.

"Of course I do."

We stared at each other for a few moments, grinning. She held out her hand. And I took it.

We held hands. We actually held hands!

(Okay, I sound pathetic.)

I wish we could have just sat there all day, holding hands and smiling at each other.

But, unfortunately, our beautiful moment came to an end, as Mum, Dad, Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny came bursting into the room.

"George! We're really sorry we're about 1 hour late. We got a bit lost on our way back to the Owlery." said (an out of breath) Mum.

"Couldn't you have just Apparated?" I wondered aloud.

"Oh, didn't think of that..." answered Mum, looking rather ashamed of herself for not thinking of Apparating. "Anyway, I see you have received our owl, Angelina."

"Yup." said Angelina, grinning at me. She was still holding my (rather bruised) hand.

I felt butterflies swirling around in my stomach, and wondered if Angelina felt them too.

"George, good news! The Healer said you can come home tomorrow! The potion only takes one night to kick in." informed Mum.

"Brilliant." I said, still smiling at Angelina.

"Oh, and the Ministry have started to search for the person who did... this to you."

Oh my god. For goodness sake!

I suddenly broke my gaze with Angelina, but didn't let go of her hand.

"Mum! It was Rodolphus Lestrange! I don't need the Ministry to search for someone because I know who did it! It. Was. Rodolphus. Lestrange!" I yelled, extremely irritated.

"Yes, dear. But you could have just-" said Mum, but to my surprise, she was interrupted by Angelina.

"If he says it was Rodolphus Lestrange, you should take his word for it! Just believe him! Please, just believe him." she said. Mum looked rather stunned, whilst I just sat there smiling from ear to ear.

"Thank you Angelina." I said in a relieved tone."Now, Mum. In the future, I suggest you don't ask a Healer to check my brain for memory loss before you actually have proof. Because even you can get outsmarted sometimes."

Everyone started laughing.

📜📜📜📜📜📜📜📜📜📜📜📜