Chapter 27

Bursts of red and green light surrounded me; Rodolphus was fighting to kill. And so were we. But his ability to defend spells was unbelievable... He had 9 (rather skilled) wizards duelling against him and he wasn't even harmed in the slightest way...

Yet.

"You won't be able to kill me, I was trained by the Dark Lord... the master... I'm just too good." cackled Rodolphus, waving his wand whilst casting non-verbal spells.

"I think you're forgetting something," said Lucius, "Me, Narcissa and Draco were trained by Voldemort as well."

"Admit it, you were always jealous of me... Bellatrix and I were the Dark Lord's most faithful servants..."

"I don't-"

"And you just wish the Dark Lord admired you more than anybody else..."

"Let me sp-"

"I think you should all be taught a lesson for ever thinking you could fight me... The Dark Lord's most faithful servant..."

"We don't care about the Dark Lord anymore. He can rot in hell! I don't care about that filthy piece of scum." snapped Lucius.

It was if someone had pressed pause on our duel against Rodolphus, as every single one of us turned to look at the Malfoys. Lucius Malfoy had just said he would like Voldemort to rot in hell... he called him a filthy piece of scum...

Apart from Bellatrix, Lucius was trusted by Voldemort more than anyone else, and now Lucius stood right before us... speaking badly of the man whom he used to call his master...

After a few moments of pure shock, our duel resumed. I soon became rather dizzy with turning around every split second to cast and avoid killing curses, and my wand arm was beginning to ache.

I just wanted all of this to stop; I needed a break! I wanted to relax. But I knew I wouldn't be able to relax until we got rid of Rodolphus.

I had something worth fighting for; a girl I loved, a family who would risk their lives for me, and of course, I had a good life. That was one of the major differences between me and Lestrange- I had a worthy life to fight for. Rodolphus didn't. What did he have to fight for? His life was nothing; it would be doing us all a favour if he just gave in, and let us kill him.

"Expelliarmus!" Rodolphus yelled, bringing me back to reality. It took me a few moments before I had realised what had actually happened; he had disarmed me.

Everyone stopped fighting, and turned to look at my frightened, yet frustrated expession.

"Are you serious?!" I sighed angrily, rolling my eyes at Rodolphus who was now holding two wands, "Why won't you just bloody let us kill you? What's the point in you living, anyway? You've got nothing worth fighting for."

"Justice. You're mother killed my wife, and I want justice." he said, his cold eyes wandering around the room, staring at everyone in turn.

"Oh right, and killing people is obviously the best way to grieve..." sighed Ron, his wand remaining in his raised arm.

"You don't understand... she was my wife-"

I looked at Rodolphus, and for the first time, ever, I saw a glint of sadness in his eyes... of vulnerability... I didn't feel sorry for him or anything, but it was just strange to see him express actual emotions. The only emotion I had ever seen him express was anger. Somehow, his sadness seemed to amuse me, and an evil smirk crept on my face.

"I thought you were clever, being one of Voldemort's leiutenants and all. But no, it seems like you haven't even had one minute of education! You don't make other people suffer for your own problems! You stupid idiot!" I said, chuckling to myself.

Silence filled the room (again), and Rodolphus pointed his wand at my neck. Instant and horrifying memories of the night I met him came rushing back to me... of how he landed me in hospital and almost killed me. He pointed his wand at my neck then, and did all of that to me, but I wasn't going to let him harm me this time.

What if I just let him kill me? I won't have to fight anymore, and I would be free of all this mess, I thought to myself.

But what about Angelina?

I could be with Fred if I got killed...

What about my family?

Just think of Fred ...

Angelina... or Fred.

••••••

Author Note-

Who do you think George should choose? Comment below and please vote😊💕✨