Chapter 19

My heart was banging against my chest like a fast drum; I could hear it ringing in my ears. She couldn't be gone... Where could she be?

Rodolphus Lestrange.

~~

"Oh no... Bloody hell... ANGELINA?" I screamed, suddenly ignoring the fact that there was a potential murderer in this house. "Where the hell is she?!"

"George, calm down. Screaming isn't going to help-"

"Where is that bloody Rodolphus... I'm going to rip him to shreds when I get my hands on him!!" I yelled yet again, clenching my fists in anger.

"Wow. You're loud enough to wake the dead." muttered Ron, his eyes wide.

"Ron, snap out of it! And George... This isn't like you... I've never seen you angry like this before. Please stop." said Mum.

I took one glance at my mother's scared looking eyes and instantly felt ashamed of myself. She was right; me being angry just wasn't normal. It felt strange being that angry, and I had never yelled like that before.

What was happening to me? I was just as bad as how Harry was when he was letting Voldemort get into his mind.

"Okay... I'm sorry. Let's just get out of this basement and search the house." I apologised.

But as we walked through the door and up the metal, clanky steps, it didn't take long for us all to realise that there was someone waiting for us at the top of the steps. Their voice sent a cold shiver down my spine.

"Well well well. What will we do with all of you redheads, eh?"

I didn't even have to look up to know who that creepy voice belonged to. In that split second, I knew who it was.

"Where's Angelina?" I growled, slowly tilting my head to look up at his ugly face. "Tell me where Angelina is. NOW!"

"I think someone needs to learn some manners." he cackled, an evil grin sliding across his grim face.

"Do you really think I care about manners right now? I don't want to ask this question again- WHERE IS SHE?!"

"Hmm... Should I tell you?... No."

"Are you taking the bloody mick?"

Rodolphus Lestrange just merely chuckled.

He seemed to be enjoying watching me get angrier and angrier.

"Fine. If you won't show us, then we'll search the house ourselves." said Harry.

"You'll regret it." laughed Rodolphus, walking back down the corridor.

We all stood in complete and utter silence, waiting for Rodolphus to come round the corner and kill us or something. But after a few minutes of waiting, we made sure he was out of earshot and started planning where we would go to find Angelina.

"How about I go search around the kitchen area. Ron and Hermione, you search in all the bedrooms; Harry and Ginny, you search in the attic and-"

"Your mother and I will stay here and guard this area. If Rodolphus comes this way, we will send my patronus to each of you at once. Remember it is a weasel!" commanded Dad.

"Right, off we go then!"

Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione sprinted up the stairs whilst I sped down the corridor, into the kitchen.

There wasn't much in there; Mum's cooker and cauldron had now been destroyed and were smashed into hundreds of pieces on the floor. All that was left were a few pieces of mouldy, rotten bread on the side and broken bottles of Firewhisky.

As I attempted to walk through the obstacle course of smashed glass and metal, I went through the door which led me into the dining room. It used to look so homely and comfortable, whereas now it looked like a wreck.

Broken wooden chairs, shattered windows and, oh my god, more broken bottles of Firewhisky! Wow, Lestrange must love his Firewhisky.

I continued my search of any evidence of Angelina, and on my way I found Yaxley's dead body laying in a puddle of blood. About 30 flies were flying around him and the blood.

Walking away, disgusted, I spun round a few more times just to make sure I hadn't missed Angelina, and then walked back through the kitchen and into the corridor where mum and dad stood.

"No signs of Angelina?" questioned Dad, his eyes wide.

"No. None at all." I frowned, forcing back my tears. Where was she? What if all of this was a waste of time? What if she wasn't here at all?

But my thoughts were suddenly interrupted when we heard a piercing scream coming from the upstairs attic.

It wasn't Angelina's voice. It was Ginny's.