Chapter 5.

Lauren woke up and looked across the bed. Camila was still sleeping. She looked peaceful and serene. Her brown hair was draped across her face and her make-up was smudged under her eyes. Lauren felt the urge to trace her hand over Camila's face but that would probably wake up the other girl, so she just decided to go take a shower.

After her shower, Camila was still sleeping. Lauren went into the living room and took her phone with her. She remembered that Ally had asked her to call her. Ally went to school with Camila, so she probably knew way more than Lauren about Camila.

Ally and her met via mutual friends. Ally went to school with Dinah and Ashlee, and Lauren met them at a college bar. They were a big group of friends who hung out a couple of times a week. Ally, Dinah, Ashlee, Erica, Luis, Keana, Vero, Troy, Paul and her. Lately Lauren hadn't managed to meet them, but after they were back from Hawaii, she would get back into her social life.

The whole group was supposed to be here too for the two weeks, but Lauren's parents wanted some private family time. Lauren couldn't remember when they were arriving, but it was probably fast. She tiptoed out off the room, so that she wouldn't wake Camila and started dialing Ally's number as she opened the window and stepped into the morning sun. It was nine AM, so Ally would be up already.

'Hello with Ally Brooke.'

Lauren smiled. Ally would always do that. Even though she could see who was calling her, she still felt the need to introduce her over the phone.

'Hi, Ally. It's Lauren.'

'Lauren? Oh, you're finally calling. I was so curious to hear about the whole situation there.'

'Yeah, I know. I wanted to call, but I was so busy.'

Well that wasn't really true, but Ally didn't need to know that she hadn't thought about calling her. That would just hurt her feelings.

'Oh okay, I get it.'

'When are you guys coming anyway?'

'The day after tomorrow. No offense Lauren, but I'm not really looking forward to it. Five hours next to that annoying Man Hands.'

Man hands was the nickname that Ally used to address Ashlee. But that one wasn't the only one she used. Ashlee-what's-her-name, That Thing, RuPaul and Tiny Teenage Jew were also often used. Lauren didn't know why, but the two girls loaded each other. Well, Ally hated Ashlee. Ashlee was in awe for Ally. She would go on rants about how the girl had everything together and was just perfect.

Ally worked at the local new station and was a reporter. She worked her butt off, but it worked. In just a few years she had managed to reach a certain level in her career. She wrote some articles for the news and last month was her first TV-debut. Ally looked like the perfect blonde, religious American girl. She was a blonde, skinny girl with tan skin. The girl was just dead on gorgeous and nobody could deny that. Her looks certainly helped her reaching her career, but mostly because people didn't expect much from her. After her first day, some jerks told her that she wouldn't make it just with her pretty face, but Ally was one of the smartest people Lauren had ever met. She would sometimes use words in her articles that Lauren even never heard about.

Ashlee on the other hand was a singer in the local bar. She wanted to be on Broadway and she had a part. She was a maid in some kind of show that Lauren now couldn't remember. She had two lines but choked on opening night. After that, she was so humiliated that she moved back to Miami and left New York forever. When she moved, she fell into a small depression. It wasn't that she needed to be hospitalized but she just decided not to talk or leave her house. After about a month she seemed to be over it, but that wasn't the case.