Chapter 7.

Lauren woke up, with Camila still sleeping next to her. Her breathing was soft and even, so it seemed that the brunette was still in a deep slumber. Lauren tiredly made the decision to go for a run. At home she would run two times a week, at the least, but she doesn't have the time to run here. She got up, silently picking up her running shoes. Whenever she went running, she cleared her mind, and Camila had been right— she really needed to think.

Lauren slipped into her pink running shoes Paul gave to her the past year. He bought them for her birthday after hearing her mention that she wanted to run more. He had drawn a little heart on the side of the right and left shoe. That way, my heart is always with you when you're running, he had said.

Paul was a frequent runner. He would go running three or even four times in a week, and you could tell. His body was rock-hard. He had abs with which you could literally cut glass. But sometimes Paul's obsession with health would annoy her. He would only eat healthy food. Lauren couldn't even remember the last time when he ate a burger or even a French fry.

She jumped upright from the bed, gave Camila one more glance and was out of the door. She put her headphones in, and immediately the music from her 'Running' playlist filled her head. It was a playlist with all remixes and dubstep. Normally she never really liked that kind of music, but whenever she was running, she needed it. The strong beat of the songs kept her motivated. She started running as the beat began. Normally running would clear her mind, and all she could do was feel the music and let her legs go.

But not this time, there was just too much to think about right now. Her thoughts immediately went to Camila. Her words had continuously played through her mind last night. Was she right? Had she really used her like a puppet? Because if there was one thing she didn't want, it was that. That was basically the reason she hired her. Lauren could have gone out with any guy she met at some bar, but then she would feel guilty for using him to make Paul jealous. Camila had seemed like the best solution. But Lauren didn't plan on being attracted to her. Of course she had noticed that the girl was hot and she was bisexual, so the fact that Camila was a girl wasn't a problem, but this kind of attraction was getting out of hand. Camila was this itch that Brittany couldn't scratch, and with every kiss that they shared, every touch and every glance, the itch got stronger.

And then there was Paul. Paul Martinez. Lauren honestly didn't know how to think of him anymore. The love of her life? The guy who cheated on her? The guy who made her happier than anyone ever had before? Her best friend who she happened to fall for? And then there was this one question that kept coming to mind. Did she want him back? First, when she started the whole Camila-plan, she really wanted him back. She would have done everything to get him back. Including hiring someone to make him jealous, but now she knows the truth. He cheated on her. And Lauren just couldn't let that go. Yes, he was drunk, but being intoxicated shouldn't give be a go-ahead for cheating.

Then it hit Lauren. It wasn't that Paul cheated while he was drunk, because she maybe could forgive that, but it was the fact that that girl was pregnant and Paul ran from the truth. He was a coward. He ran away, just like a scared twelve-year-old boy. And in doing so he broke Lauren's heart without her even understanding. Those are the worst break-ups— the ones where you don't even realize what you've done wrong. The ones where you're feel yourself hanging on, just because you don't know the truth. You can't find closure, just because you don't understand. And until you understand, it will always haunt you. That's how Lauren felt about Paul, but now that she does know the truth, she doubts whether she really wants him back or not.

But closing the door on him now, making the decision that she never wants anything more to do with him, is something she is certainly not ready for. Her heart still skips a beat when she thinks of the times they had together. Suddenly she saw in the distance a tall brunette running towards her. Oh no, please don't let it be Paul. It was too early to deal with him, and the last time they were alone, Paul had admitted to all of his mistakes concerning the trip to New York. Lauren slowed her running down when she saw that it was indeed Paul who was running closer. He didn't seem to notice her until they were only a few meters apart.