Chapter 16.

Lauren woke up in an empty bed. After the whole fight with Camila, Lauren didn't want to stay too long at the party. Her mood had been ruined. She really wanted to have a good night and not be a drag, but it just felt off. She felt tired and the whole fight with Camila had ghosted through her mind. Erica wanted to go clubbing. She loved her bachelorette party. She couldn't stop rambling on and on about how hot the stripper was and that she really needed to thank Troy for him because he was awesome. Then she had to endure a ten-minute rant from Ashlee about Mike's abs. Not that Lauren had asked for Ashlee's opinion or anything, she just kind of started to rant. She then talked some more to Keana, who had clearly drunken too much too. Erica had called some taxis in the meantime, but Lauren still didn't felt like going clubbing. She had walked back alone to the bedroom, after the other girls had left. Camila had already been sleeping in the room, snoring to be more exact. Lauren had quickly undone her dress and slipped into the bed next to Camila, trying not to wake the girl up.

Some part of her was still mad at Camila for the way she had acted, but some part of her wanted to apologize. She did kind of overreacted. But it annoyed her how that damn stripper had practically undressed Camila with her eyes. And then the fact they slept together just set Lauren off.

Lauren's head was throbbing and she felt dehydrated. She slipped out of the empty bed. She walked into the bathroom and grabbed a cup, which she filled up with water. She drunk up the whole cup and her eyes shifted to her reflection in the mirror. She looked terrible to say the least. Her make up was smudged, circles under her eyes. She let out a deep sigh and decided to take a quick shower. She showered for what felt like ages and finally turned off the water, feeling fresh. She combed her hair and got quickly dressed. It might be time to find where Camila is. Lauren had decided she was going to apologize. She did overreact. She opened the bedroom door and inside, on the bed was Camila. She was holding a tray with her famous and delicious pancakes.

"Hi." Camila smiled.

Lauren inhaled deeply. "Hi."

"Look Lauren. I'm sorry."

"Cam-" Lauren interrupted, wanting to apologize too.

"No, don't apologize Lauren. You did absolutely nothing wrong. I overreacted, once again. But you calling us girlfriends just made everything seem so real and I panicked.

And you acting all jealous, even though it was totally hot, still freaked me out. And it shouldn't have. Because I finally thought I was making progress, that we were making progress. And I didn't want to screw it all up again but I did. And I'm so sorry for that." Camila sighed. Her eyes were pleading for forgiveness. But before Lauren could say anything, Camila went on.

"I'm trying here, Lauren. I'm trying to change. I'm trying to be better. For you. Because that's what you mean to me. And I've been dumb. I've been avoiding and denying my feelings for you the whole time, but I'm done with doing that now. I'm done with denying what I feel for you. Some part believed that if I could mash it down, deep down, it would go away, but it didn't. It only made me like you even more. But I'm done trying.

I'm done with not getting the happy end for myself. Because that is my job. I don't get the happy end for myself. The happy end is always for someone else. And I was completely fine with that. I really was. I didn't believe I earned it all. It was what I liked about the job. I helped people getting the person they loved back or at least giving them closure. And in the meantime, I got paid and those people were happy. They got their little share of the happy ending that everyone loves in those cheesy Hollywood movies.

I didn't think I was cut out for the whole happy end thing. But when I'm around you, I feel like I deserve some part of it too. Because I don't know what it is about you, Lauren, but you make the world seem so damn easy. You see everything better and more beautiful than it is and it's so refreshing. It is so different from how I see the world and I like it, a lot." Camila ranted.