Chapter 2

Kathrines pov:
I stared at the giant red dragon in awe. It had four legs and giant wings coming out of his back. Its back had spikes running down it and ended at a spiked tail. It had more spikes going down ten back of his head.

It was chained to a giant silver pole and a mask was over his head preventing him from breathing fire or snapping anyone in half.

Its scales where beautiful, dark red all around and a lighter stomach. It was breath taking. I finally look into its eyes, only to see it staring at me.

I gasp at it. It just stares at me, and I stare back. I don't know why I don't look away but I can't. Its eyes just captivate me in a way nothing ever has. It was like a magnet was connecting the two of us.

Suddenly the dragon let out a fierce growl at try's to brake free of his chains. The chains hold and the men that captured the magnificent creature run around trying to contain him.

The dragon lets out a cry of pain and I look to see one of the men had whipped it. I let out a gasp and close my eyes not wanting to see it get hurt.

When I open my eyes once again I'm met with the eyes of the giant creature. It nods his head at me and lays down. I gasp and I can tell everyone is shocked that the beast stoped.

I stare at it wondering if I imagined the small nod of its head. I try to brush it off and continue on my way. I look around to see the venders already setting up with food and banners for the men that caught the dragon.

I walk around and see a giant table where the grad feast will be held later tonight and for the rest of the week. I want to continue on, but something pulls me back to the dragon and I find myself walking back to where it's being held.

People are still all around the poor dragon and there will probably be tons of people till later tonight.

I watch as the men boast about how they caught the dragon. I look back at the creature to see it once again staring at me.

Or what's behind me. I turn around to see the keys. No one would dare touch them because it's a crime punishable by death. Plus if anyone let the dragon go they would probably be killed by it immediately.

I look back at the dragon to see it stare longingly at the keys. I don't know why but something inside me wants to let it go. But I know I can't.

I force my legs to walk away from the creature and back into the market square. I spend lots of time looking into the shops and going back to the dragon.

Every time I come I feel like it's watching me but I'm so scared to look up and see. I look up into the sky to see that the sun will set soon.

I quickly rush back towards my home stealing one more glance at the dragon before I go. It looks up like it knows I'm watching it and nods at me once again.

I quickly continue on my way. Once I'm back at the house I go strait to my room to get ready. I look into my closet to seven new dresses. I pick one up in shock to see a note on it.

Dear Katherine,

You have been an amazing servant to me and I want to give you these dresses for the feasts. I won't be needing them back so don't worry about staining them. I'll see you at the feast and I hope you have lots of fun. All the best,

Lady Anna

I stare at the letter and dresses in shock. I can't believe it. I will be one of the most well dressed servants that people might mistake me for a daughter of a high ranking lord.

I giddily put on the red dress. I pin my hair up into a tight bun. I look at myself in my bathroom mirror and gasp in shock.

This dress isn't fit for a servant and I'm overjoyed that I get the chance to wear it. I'll have to thank lady Anna later for letting me have it.

Once I'm ready I slip on a pair of flats that I have and head out. Since it's not a far walk my feat barley hurt in my shoes by the time I arrive.

I look around to see carriages coming in and lining the street. I head to the feast and pass by the dragon. I see people staring at him and I can't help but stop and take another look.

The dragon who was laying down suddenly stuck his head up and looked around. Once his eyes landed on me and let out a growl. I take a step back in fear but I realize it's because one of his captures was coming out.

I can't help but scowl his way. He was probably around my age and I couldn't help but dislike him. He scanned the crowd probably looking for a pretty girl.

I quickly walk away not wanting to see who he chooses. I head towards the feast in search of my lady.

I see her standing with some of her friends and I head towards her. I wait for her to end her conversation before coming over.

Once she sees me she waves me over. "Awe Katherine you look amazing." She compliments. I blush and respond "Thank you ma'am for those amazing dresses."

She just nods and heads off to find a seat. I quickly take a seat near the end of the table. Someone sits next to me and I turn to see the dragon capture from earlier.

I'm about to get up but he places a hand on my arm and says "Hello my name is Erik, I'm one of the keepers of the dragon and I also helped capture it. Would you mind if I sit here Lady..." he trails off waiting for my name.

I want to get up and run from him but I can't because that would cause a seen. Plus he's a high ranking man now so I must show respect.

"I'm Katherine." I say. He smiles at me "Well Lady Katherine you look lovely, if you haven't already would you like to accompany me to take a look at the dragon I caught?" He asks.

I want to scoff and say no but the chance of seeing the giant beast up close was too good to pass up. So I placed my hand in his and allowed him to lead me away.
———————————————————————
I hope your enjoying the book so far. Comment what your thoughts are or what you think I should change.
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share