Chapter 3

Kathrines pov:
I followed Erik out of the feast as we headed towards the dragon. No one was around, most where drinking or dancing the night away. We walked in silence with Erik asking me the occasional question.

Once we got to the giant stage we're the dragon lay I could feel my hands start to sweat. I don't know why I was so nervous but the idea of getting close to this giant beast was exhilarating.

I stoped in front of the steps and watched as Erik easily walked up with no fear. I follow quickly behind. I stoped and watched as the mighty beast stood up and turned its face towards us.

He tried to get out of his chains and I saw Erik going towards a rack of whips. "Wait please don't!" I exclaim seeing Erik pick up a whip. He looks over at me and sighs setting the torture device down.

I let out a breath of relief. I look up at the dragon to see it looking down at me. It tries to come closer but the chains hold it back. I go to take a set towards him but Erik quickly stops me.

"Don't get any closer. I wouldn't want that pretty face if yours getting torn of." Erik says holding me back. I nod braking free from his hold.

The dragon growls at Erik and I can tell that Erik wants to grab a whip and show the dragon it's place but he holds back for my sake.

"We should be heading back." I say not wanting any harm to come to the dragon while I'm around. Erik nods and grabs my waist.

I instantly stiffen and the dragon doesn't seem to like it either, because it lets out a fierce growl and starts thrashing in its chains.

I quickly pull Erik away not wanting him to hurt the dragon. Once we are back at the feast Erik tries to stay with me, but I escape him saying I have to go to the bathroom.

Which I don't but he doesn't need to know that. I head towards the feast and make myself a plate of all meat. Once I've made the plate I quietly walk away heading towards the giant silver pole in the center of town.

Once I'm there I look around making sure no one is around. I don't know what's gotten into me but something tells me that I have to help this dragon.

I quickly walk onto the stage trying to stay as silent as possible. My foot lands on one of the boards causing a load squeak sound. Which wakes the giant beast.

It's head shoots up and it instinctively turns towards me ready to attack. I almost drop the plate out of fear but I close my eyes instead. When I realize I haven't been killed by the beast I open my eyes.

The dragon just stairs at me waiting. I slowly walk towards it. When the dragon makes no move to attack me I hold out the plates of meat. I can see the dragons eyes light up and it opens its jaw as wide as he can.

Just wide enough for food to slip in. I set the plate down but the dragon can't reach it. I try to push it closer but it's still to far. I look up at the dragon in fear and pick up the plate.

I come a little closer and I hold the plate up for the creature. I close my eyes and pray that the dragon doesn't hurt me. I open my eyes and watch as the dragon devours the meat. Once it's done it sits back on its hind legs and watches me.

I look over to the keys. The Dragon makes a sound and I snap my head back to him. He makes another sound and starts to thrash around and I quickly jump out of the way.

I look towards the light of the feast to see guards running towards me and some of the men that caught the dragon. I don't know what to do.

If they find me I'll be killed. If i run I'll be caught and killed. If I try to explain I'll be killed. If I try to free the dragon it would probably kill me.

But what if it didn't. What if it helped me. It seemed to like me so what if I freed him. It could give me a quicker death than these men.

So I made my choice. I leaped if the stage and ran towards the keys. I could hear the men yelling down. Once the keys were in my hand I ran back to the beast.

I could now hear the stomps of their feet as they run towards me. I quickly got back onto the stage and go towards the dragons face.

"I'm going to let you go. When I do I want you to give me a quick death and get out of this place." I say. It growls at the word death and I take it as a yes.

I go towards the chains holding its wings and feat down. I can now hear the clanking of the men's swords. I unlock it's legs and wings. The dragon raises its wings, and stretches them out.

"Stop there. You are under arrest for trying to free the dragon." I hear one of the guards yell. I quickly run back towards the dragons face. He turns his head.

I let one tear fall knowing I'm about to die. I put the key in the lock and turn it. The muzzle falls of the dragons face.

For a second he seems almost shocked. I wait for death to take me. I close my eyes. I hear a roar and my eyes snap open the see the dragon spreading his giant wings.

"No!" I scream. The dragon opens its jaw and blows flame at the soldiers coming towards us. They yell and run back. I see a few go for water bens that are laying around.

I feel something warp around my waist and I look down to see a red tail warp around me. A scream leaves my lips as the dragon leaps into the air.

Its giant wings push up and down slowly taking us into the night sky. I let out another scream of terror and grab onto the dragons scaly tail.

I pray to the God above that this dragon isn't going to kill me. I hold on as the dragon flies into the night carrying me into the heart of the dragons lands.
———————————————————————
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share