~The End~

~Gunshot~

Our Earth is growing cold.

Our air is wearing thin.

We gasp for air.

We huddle together for warmth

...almost as if there's too many of us.

Too many of the living.

Too many of the dead.

But how?

What with all the doctors, medicines and hospitals.

Along with all the money, the food and water.

With all the murders, suicides and natural deaths.

Along with all the deaths that simply can't be helped.

The end...

I was walking along the back alley just behind Gateway Street; I had my headphones in. My head was gently nodding away in time with loud music vibrating in my ears. I felt my normal shudder of coldness that shook through my entire body, leaving me feeling vulnerable and alone. I gasped for air but found it difficult, breathlessness is becoming more and more common. It passed and I continued to walk.

That's when I heard it.

The trigger. I took a deep breath and unhooked my headphones, the music still blaring out into the cold. I slowly turned and came face to face with the barrel of the gun. A dark outline of a figure stood there. A silver gun clutched in his hand, glinting in the mid afternoon sun. He was viciously shaking causing the gun to quiver slightly in my direction. There was only me and him alone in the back alley. I so badly wanted to scream, I so badly wanted to run, I so badly wanted to do anything... but I couldn't, I was so scared. He muttered something as I opened my mouth ready to talk him down... I couldn't, was given no choice.

I saw the bullet, it ripped through the air and pierced into my chest. I turned slightly as I felt my legs give up beneath me. As I hit the floor I saw him turn and run in the opposite direction leaving me just lying there. I was so cold, I couldn't move I was in pain; yet at the same time so numb, I felt the pain spread out from my chest and flow through my entire body. It started to rain, pretty soon I was lying in a puddle. A puddle of my own blood mixed in with the rain. I was so breathless, so breathless. There was no air. I couldn't breathe! After one last failed attempt to gasp for air I shut my eyes.

Darkness...

>'5