Chapter 25-Thalia's Grieving Day

I haven't felt emotion like this before. It's so strange now. Living like this. I hope I never have to turn back. That I will forever be in control of my actions. I have always had my mind, but I was locked inside of it for the longest time. It wasn't until we crashed... I shake my head trying hard not to think about that. Not now. Not with all that's happened.

I sniffle loudly feeling my eyes begin to burn from all the tears I've cried. I tried so hard to stay strong, but this broke me. I was already grieving the death of my parents and my beloved aid, but to add Lukas and Sarah? My heart aches and tears begin to fill my eyes with a horrible pit in my stomach of grief. I stare down at my legs noting the white sand that covers my rolled up jeans.

No more Sarah. No more Lukas. They aren't here anymore. Gone from the earth. I remember that Sarah said she was atheist, I pray that God had mercy on her. I hope she got to go to heaven with Lukas. They could spend their days there together and watch over us. My hurting heart yearns to know if she's up there. I try to convince myself that she, and pray that she made it. She doesn't deserve eternal suffering. S-She helped me and was nice.

Sometimes she was rude, but that doesn't earn her eternal suffering does it?

The sound of silent crying makes me look up from my legs. I completely zoned out for a moment there. I am so used to being able to do that. But now I have to be constantly aware, because I'm able to be. I am sitting inside the plane in the very back, surrounded by luggage. Some of them are zipped up and some lay open revealing clothes, books, and a couple electronics. I was put in charge of sorting them out.

I see Oliver sitting in the very front of the plane, in the open space. He sobs into his hands with his knees brought up to his chest. My heart breaks all over again from the sounds of his cries. He too lost his parents and little sister in the crash and he's mourning over Lukas and Sarah. This is horrible, just horrible.

I find myself wishing we could be rescued right now. That they would finally find us and take us all home. We could forget all of this ever happened and go back to normal. But I don't even have parents anymore... I could live with my grandma but it's not the same. And how can I explain what happened to me? Would anyone even believe me? I guess I can never be normal after all.

As I breathe, I remember that the air is filled with chemicals. The entire island was meant to be some kind of Garden of Eden remake. Where we could stay young and be healed of all things. But it's mutating our bodies as we breathe, drink the water, and eat the fruit. It's a failed experiment after all. It'll turn us into those monsters that attacked us. I fear we will soon become just like them.

And it's those chemicals in the air creating the interference that shut down the plane in the first place. I'm scared they won't find us because of it. I wince as I slowly move my leg to stretch it out. My bent ankle feels numb as I slowly move my leg, not the ankle itself. It's wrapped with a white bandage and still bent in an awkward angle. I had to replace it myself this morning, Sarah is dead.

Hit with another wave of grief, I let my tears drip down my face trying not to make a sound. It's not fair, none of this is fair. I brush a lock of my hair back behind my ear, something I haven't been able to do before this. I wipe my tears myself and scan the empty plane wondering how everyone else is doing right now. I hope they are finding comfort with each other.

I want someone to comfort me, but I know they're all busy right now. But I feel so lonely too... My thoughts trail back to last night and all of it's horror. Sunset came and Levi wanted us to keep watch, to fight off the intruders. I wanted to hide somewhere instead, but I guess fighting them would have been a better idea. If we were better armed. I don't blame Levi, he did what he thought was right. Maybe there was no right answer. We would have been hunted down anyways.