FIFTEEN.

LUCIFER HAD OFFERED Benjamin a place to stay, his penthouse, and although the little rebel had been rather willing to accept the kind gesture, Dan had been a tad less enthusiastic when it came to letting his brother share the bed with th...

LUCIFER HAD OFFERED Benjamin a place to stay, his penthouse, and although the little rebel had been rather willing to accept the kind gesture, Dan had been a tad less enthusiastic when it came to letting his brother share the bed with the Devil himself. But, even if Benjamin had to drive home each night — or get a cab, or beg for Dan to come and pick him up from Lux — he had developed a tight friendship with Lucifer, the kind where he dropped everything to spend time with him at his request. And Lucifer did the same for Benji.

However, the Espinoza didn't have anything special to keep him preoccupied anyway, whereas the other half of the blossoming bromance was busy being a club owner and a civilian consultant for the LAPD. Luckily, as the two were spending time at Lux on yet another lovely evening, Benji had the most brilliant idea whilst eyeing the bartender mixing a drink for him.

"I should be a bartender", he blurted out suddenly, and in response, Lucifer chuckled whilst sipping on his own drink. "I'm serious!", Benjamin continued, looking over to his friend, "I used to do that in Europe, so I've got experience. Come on, hire me. I could use a job, and besides, you can't say that you don't like the thought of being my boss", defending his idea bravely, and well, he was right. The idea did make Lucifer smirk as he thought about it, and he did trust Benjamin enough to do the job properly, so perhaps it wasn't so crazy, after all.

"Well, we are a bartender short now that Mazikeen is out... bounty hunting", he rolled his eyes at the reminder of his demon's new career choice. "Welcome aboard, Benjamin. Why don't you pour me a drink to make it official?", Lucifer suggested, lifting an eyebrow as he looked over to Benjamin, who smiled in satisfaction and obeyed quickly.

He moved behind the bar and grabbed a glass, and once it was filled to the brim with the alcohol he remembered to be Lucifer's favorite, Benji nudged it across the counter. "Here you go, boss", he presented it smugly, and in return, Lucifer grinned.

"You're right, I do like the sound of that", he winked, and after gulping down the drink, the man grabbed his jacket from the counter and tossed it over his shoulder. "I better head out. My Mum thinks wreaking havoc is a fun little pastime activity, so now I must find the blade before another clueless human decides to go on a homicidal rampage", the Devil sighed wearily before pulling the jacket over his purple vest, and as much as Benjamin tried to understand, he could only chuckle. Lucifer had told him about Azrael's blade though, and how Maze and Amenadiel were also hunting the weapon to avoid more bloodshed, but it was difficult to fathom that it was all real.

"Good luck, Luci. And uh, keep an eye on my brother?", Benjamin responded nervously, hating the idea of Dan getting hurt with the blade out there. And with a simple "As you wish", Lucifer promised to do just that, before walking away from Benjamin and out of the club — and Ben's eyes didn't leave him until he was out of sight.

Sighing, he leaned against the counter and observed the club from the other side for the first time. It felt like his life was finally going in the right direction, with each day making his time in L.A more and more worth it, and frankly, he loved it.