NINETEEN.

"THIS CASE REALLY seems to be touching you, Dan", Mazikeen patted the detective's shoulder as the four of them — Maze, Dan, Lucifer and Benjamin — sneaked around the Chinese cultural center as quietly as possible, which Benji had no trouble with...

"THIS CASE REALLY seems to be touching you, Dan", Mazikeen patted the detective's shoulder as the four of them — Maze, Dan, Lucifer and Benjamin — sneaked around the Chinese cultural center as quietly as possible, which Benji had no trouble with, after hearing from his brother how the guys that hid indoors were notoriously violent. Usually, Benjamin would have been all for a fight, but he suspected that it wouldn't get them very far. And right now, he desperately wanted to help Chloe and get justice for her murdered father. "You know", Maze continued, "in a really personal way."

Knitting his eyebrows together, Lucifer turned to Benjamin as the two men stayed behind and walked side by side. "Well— do you know what this is all about?", he pulled his hand out of his pocket to point at Dan and Maze who were chatting in front of them. As much as Benji wanted to be aware of what was going on, he could only shake his head and look over to the demon with curiosity and confusion shining behind his blue eyes. "What are you driving at, Maze?", the Devil then wondered out loud, and in an instant, the woman snickered as if he had just the funniest thing ever.

"Driving at — good one. No— I'm just really impressed with how much Dan wants to... penetrate this thing from every position", she continued, and it didn't take Benjamin much longer to hear the sex puns hidden within her words — and the same kind of realization dawned onto Dan's features as he turned around and looked at Mazikeen in horror and disbelief. Frankly, it was taking Benji every ounce of his strength to not snort at the look on his face.

"You know?", he hissed, and nodding proudly, Maze confirmed this.

In unison, Benjamin and Lucifer interjected with, "Know what?", but whereas the younger Espinoza was already grinning, the taller man beside him was absolutely clueless. It surprised Benji, how the Devil himself, a man who was constantly sleeping with men and women and telling inappropriate jokes himself, was unable to see the big picture. Fair enough, Ben wasn't sure who they were talking about, but Maze was no doubt referring to the one night stand Dan had mentioned to his brother.

"I bet that's what she said, didn't she?", Maze chuckled adorably before she began to make faces at Dan, "oh, yeah, oh, Dan, big boy", which drove Dan over the edge — no pun intended.

Shushing Mazikeen, the detective nodded. "Alright, alright, fine. Yes, it's my fault. I leaked the information to Charlotte", Dan admitted, which encouraged Maze to lean over to Benji and whisper "among other things", before his brother had continued. "I'm why she knew Chloe was first at the scene. She must have looked at my text messages after we... made... love", he explained, and bursting into laughter along with the demon next to him, Benjamin couldn't help but crouch and rest his palms against his knees at the revelation. Of course, it was totally serious, but damn it, so amusing. Well, at least until Benji realized that Dan had slept with Lucifer's Mom, an actual divine Goddess, and the thought made him stick his tongue out in disgust.