TWENTY-THREE.

WAKING UP NEXT to Lucifer had become the new normal for Benjamin, who, by now, was used to rolling over his chest in the mornings while they talked about everything and anything — sometimes the most trivial matters, like what was ...

WAKING UP NEXT to Lucifer had become the new normal for Benjamin, who, by now, was used to rolling over his chest in the mornings while they talked about everything and anything — sometimes the most trivial matters, like what was the best kind of breakfast, only for Lucifer to get it all for Benji to try out. Sometimes, though, their conversations got quite meaningful, like when he had sat on Lucifer's lower back and traced the scars on his shoulder blades, left there from when Mazikeen had severed his wings, which was a story he didn't share very often. But, it seemed that Benjamin had gotten under his skin, and the same went the other way around, as they felt safe to let their guard down with one another and reveal even the sides they sometimes tried to hide from the rest of the world.

Today, though, Benjamin needed someone else to rely on. He had talked with Dan, as well, since his brother was deeply worried, and he didn't really blame him — so he allowed Dan to fuss and make sure that Benji was okay to a point where he felt like a spoiled child. But as much as he appreciated the love, he had made an appointment with Dr. Martin — someone he hadn't seen in a while, but surely missed. She was the ray of sunshine in all of their lives, the one to pull them back from the edge of darkness, and Benjamin knew that he wasn't okay with his father's death despite his attempts to claim so. That was why he was willingly seeking help.

So, once his shift at Lux was over and he had stopped by the Decker residence to thank Mazikeen for covering for him, and to see his lovely niece, he drove over to Linda's office with a heart full of emotion, ready to burst. He had spent such a long time burying his feelings and playing the role of a cool, emotionally unreachable guy who thrived on parties and sex, but perhaps it was time to accept that Los Angeles was changing him — for the better, even.

"Benjamin!", the therapist greeted his client with a radiant smile, and in return, Benji pulled the woman into a soft hug. A hugger, as he was. "Take a seat", she gestured towards the couch once the embrace had ended, and thanking her the man fell into the cushions with a thud and a soft groan. Frankly, he was yet to find a more comfortable couch, which he had learned to be something Linda got complimented on rather often.

"Well, what is on your mind today?", she questioned while moving her leg atop the other, and with a sharp inhale, Benjamin confirmed that something was indeed eating him from within. He just didn't know where to start — with the death of his father, the childlike hopes that he could even be reunited with him, the half of a love confession for Lucifer?

Rubbing his hands against his jean-clad thighs nervously, Benjamin shrugged. "You remember how last time I told you my dad wasn't really my... dad? That my mom had an affair and I was the outcome", he reminded Linda, who nodded to confirm that the memory hadn't been forgotten. "Well, I went looking for my real father. Turns out, he was murdered", he exhaled heavily, and it seemed it was quite the unexpected twist of events, indeed, as Linda's eyes widened and she leaned back in her chair.