TWENTY-FIVE.

IT WAS INSANE

IT WAS INSANE. Lucifer's so-called master plan — it was absolutely insane, even for Benjamin, the guy who got out of speeding tickets by making a move on the cop, the guy who once paid for a plane ticket from Bulgaria to Switzerland with money he had earned with one single show at a strip club. And yet, no matter how much he wanted to doubt it and tell Lucifer he was crazy and going to Hell was reckless and stupid, he found himself part of the plan — after all, he was the reckless one, the rebel, and if it took a temporary death to save Chloe Decker, he was down.

But he didn't do it without worrying, of course. As much as he wanted to save his sister-in-law, he wasn't willing to lose Lucifer in the process.

"You should go, Benjamin", Lucifer's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, and blinking, the Espinoza looked over to the man who was resting on the hospital bed, his shirt unbuttoned as his dark eyes were staring at Benji in concern. He was right — they were running out of time, and Ben had promised to team up with Dan and Ella to seek for the ingredients needed for the cure, and whilst the two had already headed out, he had stayed behind to make sure everything would go smoothly with Lucifer. He just didn't want to leave his side, nor let go of his hand, in the fear that he'd come back only to find him a dead man. "You mustn't worry, I am the king of Hell, after all", Lucifer was able to read Benjamin's eyes, and it earned a soft smile from the man.

"I know, and that's... awesome. But I'm just... worried, you know", Benji fell back into deep thought, the image of his father's face popping up in his mind as he sighed. "Do you think my father is in there?", he asked suddenly, and as his eyes widened, Lucifer took a swig from the flask Mazikeen had offered him.

Inhaling sharply, Lucifer shrugged. "I truly do not know, but if I get the opportunity, I'll try to find an answer for you. For what it's worth, I believe his deepest desire was to find you, Benjamin, and to come back to you. Even if he never got to", he explained, and in return, Benji squeezed his hand in gratitude. They were words he needed to hear, and remember — Chase had made an effort, even if it didn't work out in the end. Nevertheless, it was meaningful, and enough to bring a smile to his lips.

"Hey, how come you've never done that whole desire thing with me, hm?", Benjamin suddenly changed the subject as his tongue swept across his bottom lip and his eyes dropped from Lucifer's perfectly styled, shiny hair to his exposed chest, the defined muscles and the smooth skin. The sight of a few bruises, left there by rough kisses and bites, made Benjamin smile proudly — there was just something about leaving his mark, and once Lucifer noticed what he was looking at, he ended up grinning too.

"I don't know", the Devil then answered, "I suppose... I've just never had trouble getting to know the real you, or what you want. Tell me, Benjamin...", he sat up straighter before setting his intent, deep gaze onto Benji's warm eyes, "what do you desire?"

Those four words had an evident effect on Benjamin, they caused him to zone out and fall into a deep pool of truth and feeling — like they always did. It was a strange sensation, irresistible and intimidating, but at the same time, it felt like freedom as he parted his lips and let the words tumble out without holding back. He didn't do that very often. "I just want to be happy", Benjamin whispered. "I'm used to running and avoiding my feelings, but in the end, I want happiness, love. And I'm terrible at keeping it, but I think I've finally found what I've been looking for, in you", he revealed, and as he did, Lucifer froze, and both Mazikeen and Linda turned to look at the man in surprise. Clearly, hearing him open up like that was a rare treat. And on top of that, Benjamin wasn't done.