The Flea and the Acrobat

•THE FLEA AND THE ACROBAT•

THEY HAD GOTTEN BACK TO THE HOUSE AND IT WAS ALREADY DARK, El was laying on the couch while Twelve was sitting in the fort reading on the floor

"What was Will saying? Like home... Like home.... but dark?" Mike says.

"And empty." Lucas continues.

Dustin sighs and says

"Empty and cold. Wait did he say cold?"

"I don't know! The stupid radio kept going in and out!" Lucas says angrily.

"It's like a riddle in the dark."

"Like home, like his house?"

"Or maybe like Hawkins."

"Upside down." El says.

"What'd she say?" Lucas asks

"Upside down."

"What?" Lucas asks Mike again.

"Upside down! When el showed us where Will was she flipped the board over, remember? Upside down. Dark. Empty."

"Do you understand what he's talking about?" Lucas asks Dustin.

"No." He says.

"Guys come on, think about it. When el took us to find Will she took us to his house right? "

"Yeah and he wasn't there." Lucas says.

"But what if he was there? What if we couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side? What if this Hawkins and this is where Will is." Mike says while flipping the board on the front to the back.

"The Upside down."

"Like the Vale Of Shadows." Dustin suggests in awe.

Dustin goes to grab the guide for the board game, he brings it back to the table and began to read it.

"The Vale Of Shadows; a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world."

"But how do we get there?" Mike asks.

"You cast shadow walk." Dustin says.

"In real life dummy."

"We can shadow walk, but.... maybe she can maybe both of them can." Dustin says looking at Twelve and Eleven.

"Do you know how we get there? To the Upside Down?" Mike asks the two.

They both shake their head no,

"Oh my god!" Lucas says.

•••••••••

The boys had gotten back from the funeral and Eleven was on the couch next to Mike while he was explaining what he had just learned from his teacher Mr.Clark.