[8] June 10, 1988

•this is the last flashback in this book because the next chapter will start up the beginning of the 2017 movie.•

June 10th 1988 the first day of summer. It was a Saturday. The losers had all made their way to the quarry so they could go swimming. This summer they planned on going to the quarry and the arcade all summer.

"So who's first?" Eddie asked frantically.

"How about you Eds you're on so many pills you'll probably survive." Richie responded.

"Fuck you Richie and don't call me Ed's." Eddie responded.

"Oh my god you're all such pussies." Izzy said she started to kick her shoes off. Then remove her skirt and shirt throwing them into her backpack.

"If you're all so scared I'll go first!" She said jumping off of the cliff into the water below.

"Holy shit we got shown up!" Eddie said.

"By Stan's fucking girlfriend that's even worse."  Richie added on.

Izzy came up from underwater. Her long brown hair resting on her shoulders.

"Are you Pussies going to jump or am I going to be swimming alone?" Izzy asked.

"F-f-fuck it!" Bill stated then jumped into the water.

"If I die Richie I hate you." Eddie said joking around.

"Later Stan the man." Richie said jumping.

"Way to go trashmouth!" Izzy said.

"C-cCome on S-s-Stan the man!" Bill shouted.

"Please Stan?" Izzy pleaded. Then Stan jumped into the water. The losers cheered.

For hours the group swam around having fun and being normal kids. After a while everyone parted ways and Stan walked Izzy home.

"So I've been thinking about us. You know. What we are." Stan explained.

"Alright." Izzy responded. The two walked their bikes side by side.

"I really like you and for me not to respond when we were on the Ferris wheel was stupid of me. But you're my best friend and I never want to lose or have anything change that. Because no matter what I'll always love you." Stan explained.

"And I'll always love you Stan. You know that right?" Izzy said.

"So I was thinking if you're okay with the idea of us being a couple? Maybe we could try?" Stan asked. Izzy swallowed.

"You want me to be your girlfriend?" Izzy asked to clarify.

"Yes only if you want to." Stan said.

"Yes I'll be you're girlfriend. Stanley Uris." Izzy responded. The boy smiled.

Izzy placed a peck on his lips. Once she realized that she was at her house she said goodbye and went inside. She knew that this summer would be amazing.
••
But little did these kids know that this was their last summer as normal kids. Their last summer before they were introduced to a psychotic child eating clown named Pennywise but formally known as It.

The clown that would result in the death of young and innocent Georgie Denbrough. The young boy who meant so much to all of the losers especially Izzy.