[15] GUILTY CONSCIENCE

"So I was thinking. My parents are considering going out of town for a few weeks at the end of the summer. Epic savoring the end of summer pool party?" Izzy brought up to her boyfriend.

"What oh yeah." He replied his mind still blurry from thinking of another thing.

"What's up with you? There's something going on in your pretty little head." She said the last party jokingly.

"Are you still in love with Archie?" He asked her. Sadness clung to his voice like a wet bathing suit.

"How could you even think that?" She said slightly hurt that he still thought that. She stopped her bike. Stan stopped his as well.

"What you said to his mother. You constantly tell your parents that nothing happened between you guys so they always talk about what a great guy Archie is and all that shit. I thought that maybe you still had feelings for him or something." He said letting all his feelings out. Underneath everything that Stanley Uris was insecure was one of the main areas.

"I was being nice to his mother. I can't tell my parents what happened I just. I can't. I don't expect you to understand and I don't have feelings for him." She said he just nodded. Stan knew what Izzy's feelings for him were but lately they felt off.

"In no universe ever. Does Archie ever hold a candle towards how I feel about you. Okay. There is never a single universe where I am not in head over heels love with you." She finished. Stans smile boosted. She loved him.

•••
While Stan and Izzy were riding their bikes to meet up at the barrens they ran into Beverly. Not literally though.

"Hey Stan I kind of need to steal your girlfriend from you for an hour or two." Beverly said to the two. Stan was somewhat on edge he heard of what her reputation was and he'd just gotten Izzy back he didn't want to lose her.

"Wait why?" Izzy asked extremely confused as to why she needed to be stolen from her boyfriend. Not that Stan ever saw her as his property.

"Female issues." Beverly tried to say discreetly but failing. Stan almost immediately knew what she meant. Because Izzy had been having female issues. For almost half a year.

"Oh um. Yeah. I'll see you later Iz." Stan said pedaling away from the two girls.

"So what code level of female issues. On a scale from 1being it's all over my bed sheets to 10 there's a tampon stuck inside of me?" Izzy said nonchalantly to her friend as Bev climbed onto the back of her bike. It sounded vulgar but they'd been use to these conversations.

"Maybe a 8 I desperately need tampons because I have none." She said to her friend.

"Ah. Okay well you could've called my house this morning. You didn't call when you got home last night. I thought that something happened with your dad.." Izzy trailed off.
She knew about the abusive relationship her father held onto her with. She wanted to tell someone but Bev begged her not to.

"Nope I'm good Lightning bug!" Bev put a fake cheery tone onto her sentence to hide the fact that she was not good and things were not alright.

"Alrighty then butterfly." Izzy said. The two road in silence up until the bowers gang drove by.

"LESBOS!" Henry Bowers screamed the three other members and their toxic masculinity laughed.

"ITS NOT AN INSULT!" Beverly screamed back towards the car that was too far to turn around.

"YOU CAN'T FUCK US ANYWAY!" Izzy screamed. Was it the best thing to scream in the middle of the town? No. Did It feel good to say it? Yes.

"That's ironic coming from Henry I mean they all practically suck each others dick." Bev said. Izzy's nodded. Normally she would've laughed but her mind went back to the conversation earlier and the answer she gave Stan.

Did she still love Archie? He put her through hell treated her like an object. Showed her what love shouldn't be. Granted it felt good to be needed and "loved" but was that love? Yes she felt guilty that she was the last to see him before he disappeared just like Georgie. Which both still haunt her and give her nightmares but she couldn't still love him. Could she?

"What's wrong? You always laugh at my dick jokes." Bev asked her friend. She knew something was up the two girls had like super powers or something.

"Stan asked me earlier if I was still in love with Archie." Izzy said. She felt ashamed now. She hadn't thought about Archie in a while suddenly everything came back.

"What'd you tell him?" Bev asked suddenly intrigued. This was the first she'd actually heard about Archie since he went missing.

"That I wasn't and haven't thought about Archie in the longest time." Izzy said as they pulled up to the pharmacy and put her bike on the side of the building.

"But?" Bev asked. Izzy bit her lip.

"Part of me always wondered. If things didn't go bad. If Archie was a good guy. What would things be like? What would I be like? Would I still have been in love with Stan? Or would I have just let those feelings go? Or if I wasn't the last person to have seen him. Would he still be here?" Izzy vented out thoughts she'd kept inside for months.

"What do you mean if you weren't the last person?" Bev asked her friend.

"Come on Bev. First Georgie then Archie? What if I'm cursed or something?" She said as they walked through the pharmacy door. Going over to the feminine essentials aisle.

"You're not cursed. You had a bad year but now you'll have a great summer with me and Stan and your other friends." Bev said as she grabbed the box of tampons.

The girls heard clattering and saw a blurb of boys come in.

"What idiots." Izzy scoffed. Beverly nodded. They saw Greta then went to another aisle.

"Oh those are my idiots." Izzy said smiling at Stan. Maybe Beverly was right. Maybe this summer wouldn't be so bad.

••
THIS IS REALLY OVERDUE IM SORRY BUT IVE BEEN SWAMPED WITH SCHOOL, MY CHOIR GROUP AND MY SCHOOL PLAY AUDITION AND STUFF AS WELL AS MULTIPLE OTHER BOOKS. I PROMISE TO UPDATE WHEN I CAN GUY I LOVE YOU ALL ❤️