5.

New York

I backed away all I could, not wanting to attract attention to myself from Sylar as he woke up.

Mohinder had turned to face me as soon as he had fell unconscious and had tried to reassure me everything was going to be okay and he was so sorry for leading Sylar straight to me. I should have left but I didn't have anywhere else to go. There was my asshole father's family but I didn't know who they were and I didn't want to know.

I fidgeted with my thumbs while Sylar slowly regained his consciousness. Mohinder had hooked him up to an IV with some kind of drug that paralyzed him and his powers and restrained him to a chair.

"I can't feel my fingers" Sylar groaned groggily, blinking his eyes open.

Mohinder looked up "It's the curare. It induces paralysis of the brain" I side glanced at Sylar seeing his confusion "Which means you can't control your abilities"

"Whoever you think I am" Sylar breathed heavily pausing for a second. "I'm not"

Mohinder eyed him coldly "You are the man who murdered my father and an innocent teenager's mother" Sylar seemed to remember me, flickering his eyes around. I crouched down but he still found me "Do you still expect me to believe you're Zane Taylor?" Mohinder stood in front of me, hiding me from Sylar's sight as he showed him an article on his laptop. He had already explained to me about the real Zane Taylor and how Sylar had passed as him after killing the musician stealing his ability. It was cold. "Zane was killed three days ago. The same day I met you. And you thought you were so clever giving me his DNA" Mohinder grabbed a tuning fork. "You're a parasite. You killed my father and fed off his work" he hit the tuning fork against the table and held it up to Sylar's ear. Sylar screamed in pain. I flinched at the sound "Let me hear you say it. Tell me your name!" Sylar groaned from the pain. "Say it! I want to hear you say it!"

Sylar shouted in pain "Sylar!"

I bit my fingernails in extreme anxiety watching Mohinder tuck the tuning fork back to his shirt pocket. My eyes widened in alarm seeing him pulling out a gun out of his desk 

"There's only one thing to do with a parasite" Mohinder told him. "Kill it before it kills again"

Sylar glared at Mohinder, breathing heavily "You're just like your father" He spat "Murderers, the both of you"

"I'm a scientist" Mohinder said quietly.

Sylar chuckled, seemingly amused "Your father said that, but he kept leading me to them"

"He had no idea what you were" Mohinder said, defending his father.

Sylar smirked "He knew. He might not have admitted it, but after all, we were making so much progress together, why would he stop?"

Angered, Mohinder pointed and cocked his gun at Sylar, shouting in rage "You know nothing about my father!" 

I jumped with a gasp "Dr. Suresh?"

The man barely bat an eyelid to my direction, growling at the amused killer.

Sylar chuckled "I know everything. He confided in me. He told me things he felt he could never tell you. Things about your sister... Shanti. He thought you were too, uh what's the word?" He tilted his head aside mockingly, "Fragile to know the truth" 

Mohinder put the barrel of the gun against Sylar's forehead.

I stood up, alarmed "Dr. Suresh"

"That's why he liked me" Sylar continued, smirking at the way the scientist reacted. How he made him tick "You were always seeking his approval, while I provided stimulation. He gave up on you, but he adored me. Now who's the real parasite here?!"

"Stop, Mohinder!" I shouted, not wanting to see more blood or death right now.

My words were acompanied with a swift strong wind coming out of nowhere that made the gun fly away from Mohinder's hands, blowing his hair back. The sudden display of power somehow made me relax slightly but I ignored it, not keeping my eyes away from the men in front of me. 

Sylar also was looking at me intently, a dark smirk playing on his lips. 

Mohinder stared down at his empty hands, glancing up at me apologetically and impressed before he looked at Sylar "You're right. My father did want answers. He called you Patient Zero" He opened a tin box "You're the template he used to create this formula. You're the key to unlocking his secret" he took out a large bore syringe, walking from around and behind Sylar. "As much as I'd like to..." He uncapped the needle, tucking the cap in his shirt pocket "Killing you will not give me what I need" 

"So what are you gonna do?" Sylar asked, turning his head to watch him.

"I'm going to take a sample of your spinal fluid" Mohinder replied, leaning closer to whisper in his ear "And it's going to hurt"

Mohinder straightened up.

"I don't think it's a good idea to hurt the person who can easily kill you" I warned Mohinder, staring at Sylar.

Sylar smirked, tilting his head.

Mohinder ignored me, looking at Sylar "You might actually do some good before you die" he pushed Sylar's head forward, sinking the needle into the back of his neck making him scream loudly in pain.